Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
can I score some pissssss
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know what tires you stunt guys use. I live in florida so there arent many twisties just alot of places to stunt. I am tired of using up the middle so fast. I would like something hard but still safe to go around a corners with.

So far I have had:
Dunlop 208(stock) 3000 miles
Metzler M1s 2400 miles
Pirelli Diablos 3200 miles
:cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
Are you running 180's or 190's? 3200 seems pretty good for the Diablos, how many miles are you looking to get out your tires?

·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im running 190's. I just want something that will last as long as possible with all my brunouts and wheelies and such.I have heard that the Bridgestone BT020 would last a long time. What do you think?

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
Nothing holds up well to burnouts, believe that. I had 6000 on my stock dunflop, till a nail found its way into it.

I probably could have gone another 1000. Plus, I do wheelies all day long up and down the highway.

Hardly any burnouts, only long burn out was in the dealer parking lot when I was replacing it, and I spun circle till it blew.

Tire+Spinning+Asphalt=Low mileage replacement.

I just put pilots on cuz i heard they are supposed to hold up well.

·
Vrooom
1,531 Posts
Yup the BT020 is pretty awsome for stunting I would say. I have one right now and I'm very happy with it. It's a harder compound, it takes a bit longer to warm up, and it does sticky pretty nice once it's warm. Seeing as you live in florida, you won't have problmes with it sticking, as I assume that its hot down there 24/7. Anyways I bought mine and have done 12000 Kms on it so far, thats about 7200 miles. I pull wheelies all the time, and ride it pretty hard, and its still about 1/4 way to go till its bald.

My 2c.

·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Corny said:
The best tires for stunting are cheap/free tires :lol
TRUE! I have a friend that can get me some race scrubs for 35 bucks a pop. I will probly go thru them like butter:riding

·
Registered
166 Posts
it could be all personal preference....... i personally dont like the dunlops....... i love the Michellin Pilot Sports though....... i also like hte Metzlers M1's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts