Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Motorcycle junky
Joined
·
210 Posts
Well..... There all pretty good. I'de get one from like 1995 or 1996 and up.. Two Brothers racing has some sick after market mods for them too... I'm pretty sure they even have an 80cc kit or more for it.... Those things are getting real popular all of the sudden.. Well hell, they are fun little bikes..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
02RedR1 said:
whats the best xr50, keeping price in mind, with all the aftermarket goodies on it???
the best one i've seen so far is the xtreme pit pro cr 107...
02'. You can bore it out to 82cc. Change the tope end and make it anywhere from 88cc to 112cc or so. Take the XR70 forks and bolt it right on to the XR50 frame. Change the rear shock and now you have a pretty neat little toy.

However, the 04' models look a little better but cost $100.00 more than the 03's.
 

·
Young and Stupid
Joined
·
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i've got the hookup here, we're thinking about buying two, he said he'd sell us two for 4080........but the only thing i've heard bad about them was that the frames are weak, is this true....please be objective....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
322 Posts
02RedR1 said:
well, i've got the hookup here, we're thinking about buying two, he said he'd sell us two for 4080........but the only thing i've heard bad about them was that the frames are weak, is this true....please be objective....
I have heard of no such issue
 

·
Young and Stupid
Joined
·
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, maybe he was talking about dirt jumping, i don't plan on racing or dirt jumping, strictly recreational stunting....lol
thanks for the advice and the $$$$'s,
any other suggestions would be appreciated, also, they are really loud compared to other 50's i've heard, is there a was to quiet them down any? i plan on riding this on campus, people ride go peds, why can't i ride an xr right?...lol, so i was wondering if you can repack the exhaust to quiet them down any??
 

·
No Need for a Title
Joined
·
3,768 Posts
Cyclemall.Net said:
This is an off road racing racing vehicle. Therefor the vehicle is sold with no warranty.

not sure about that, KTM's come with a warranty if your not racing them, but there are many ways around it if you are.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
322 Posts
goodriddance said:
not sure about that, KTM's come with a warranty if your not racing them, but there are many ways around it if you are.

Let me say again, I'm a dealer for this brand, and the CR107.

This is an off road racing racing vehicle. Therefor the vehicle is sold with no warranty.
 

·
Young and Stupid
Joined
·
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, are ktm's halfway quiet??
also, which one would be compareable to the xr based cr107, really, this is just going to be stunt minibike, soo, no racing for me, so, the attractive part about the cr107 is that is has a clutch and some badass forks with disc brakes........the rear is still drum though :( ..... btw, i dunno if this matters or not, but i'll probably buy motard tires for it anyways, do you have any of those cheap???
 

·
No Need for a Title
Joined
·
3,768 Posts
well you didnt say the first time that you was a dealer for that brand of bike. and my KTM is an off road racing vehicle also, and it comes with a warranty
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
322 Posts
02RedR1 said:
well, are ktm's halfway quiet??
also, which one would be compareable to the xr based cr107, really, this is just going to be stunt minibike, soo, no racing for me, so, the attractive part about the cr107 is that is has a clutch and some badass forks with disc brakes........the rear is still drum though :( ..... btw, i dunno if this matters or not, but i'll probably buy motard tires for it anyways, do you have any of those cheap???


The KTM, is not as good as the CR107 (nowhere near).

I already have mine setup for motard. I had Scott Russell riding it around at Del Mar a few weeks ago....The tires are about $20. each
 

·
Wheelie Junkie!
Joined
·
7,686 Posts
02RedR1 said:
well, i've got the hookup here, we're thinking about buying two, he said he'd sell us two for 4080........but the only thing i've heard bad about them was that the frames are weak, is this true....please be objective....
:eek: :eek: That's way to much homie! Call riva yamaha- honda in fl. they sell them for 1150. out the door. they also ship world wide.The # is 1877-748-2926. Ask for Emil Contreras, he a salesman there and should be able to help yuou out bro.

Hey back to your origanal question. Isn't there only one xr50?
oh ya and the frame question, yes they are weak, but not like you might think.they are pretty durable but if your gonna jump triples or big jumps ya there might be a possibility on cracking the frame. but for just messing around and jumping normal stuff you should be fine.:riding Good luck!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top