Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ex Race god.
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the difference?

the 19x20 bore markings, the size of the hole (usually cable-tied), the colour of the Master cylinder itself, and the nut size for the bleed nipple incorrect.

Apart from that, they're great :)

Someone posted the differences on www.visordown.com

The main differences are the area around the lever pivot on a Brembo is machined flat on bith sides and later cylinders have the dimensions stamped on the top flat, wheras the copies are rough cast.

The finish of the copies is a slightly gloss painted type finish and Brembo's are dull anodized finish, the same goes for the pushrod/span adjuster etc, these are gloss black on the copies and satin/matt on Brembo's.
the clips for the lever pivot pin is black on the copy and silver on Brembo

There is no stamping or etching on the copy levers and are a rougher finish/ not as machined and brembo have the ratio # etched or stamped either on the ball of the lever or in the cut-out just near the span adjuster.
The span adjuter on the copy is really stiff and doesn't 'click' nicely.

The copies come with a reservoir and hose fitted, there is no branding on the reservoir, brembo's dont come with res and the brembo res has the 'B' logo on the lid.

The bleed nipple on the copy is 8 or 10mm nut and Brembo's are 11mm.
Mate of mine sent me a pic of his after i posted this info on there.... i looked and they're totally different.

·
//Low-Life\\
24,784 Posts
the 19x20 bore markings, the size of the hole (usually cable-tied), the colour of the Master cylinder itself, and the nut size for the bleed nipple incorrect.

Apart from that, they're great :)

Someone posted the differences on www.visordown.com

Mate of mine sent me a pic of his after i posted this info on there.... i looked and they're totally different.
Good to know.

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Damn what is next to be fake. Should make that quote a sticky to help out other people. Good info.:sneaky

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
This is what I hate about eBay.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
There are 2 types of M/C's though, aren't there...? Forged and cast...

Could this be the difference...? Not a "fake", just cheaper/older version...?

:dunno
you are correct in there is a forged and billet variety.....but this is a copy of the forged genuine brembo.

·
Registered
429 Posts
the casting looks pretty rough
there are lots of copy products from taiwan(ive been to the trade shows there)
sone of its good,some not(long way to go with titanium exhausts,billeted parts are fine)
but they never blantatly put the original name on their goods.maybe this master is from mainland china or another place

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
There's actually cast, forged and billet. My Ape came with cast radial Brembo's, silver in color and exactly the same as come on many Ducati's. The forged units are the next step up followed by the billet which can be crazy expensive. Brembo has a new adjustable lever for clutch and brake with integrated micro switches. They're quite tasty.

http://www.oppracing.com/pages/articles_brembo_19rcs_brake_master_cylinder/

I'm not so sure the first one is fake. Never says billet or forged, just that it's a radial Brembo unit.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Dam! I am in the market for a 19x18 Brembo, Of course Im looking for the cheap one on Ebay. Maybe I should just buy from Gravesport.com for $253 it is worth it just to know that it is a real one and not a copy.

Thanks for the heads up though. Good post!!!

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.