Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
NESBA Mid Central
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I responded to his advertisement on this forum for the sale of the following parts for a 2006 Yamaha R1 50th anniversary motocycle:

Upper Fairing
Tail Fairing
Left Mid Fairing
Left Mid Fairing
Left Lower Fairing
Gas Tank

I purchase all these parts from him for the agreed to price of $875.00 which was to include shipping. Payment was made through PayPal. I was told that all of the parts were in very good condition and at least 9.5 out of 10. Just two pictures were sent to me to show the condition of the parts. From the angles provided in the pictures the parts appeared to be fine. However, the angles in the pictures could not show the damage to the parts I was about to receive. Unfortunately when the parts arrived via UPS in one box, I found the following problems with the parts:

The upper fairing was completely broken in one spot and cracked in another. Looking at the back side of the part I saw that a hastey repair had been attempted with fiberglasss. This part is junk. Seller's picture is now attached.

The left mid fairing has a dent, messed up tape graphics, and scratches. It is worth just pennies on the dollar and is not in the condition that R105RAVEN stated.

The tail fairing has a 2" long scratch on the right hand side and yellow paint has been gobbed onto it to cover the scratch. Again, this is not what I was expecting. Seller's picture as sent to me is now attached.

The right mid fairing has numerous scratches, and the graphics are torn.

The lower left fairing is actually a lower right fairing and is gouged on the bottom, has a scratch that has been touched, up and a burn mark.

The gas tank was just fine.

R105RAVEN said that if there is any damage, it must have occured during shipping. I sincerely don't believe that UPS opened the package and applied fiber glass tape to one of the parts or caused any of the other damage. Paypal only ensures that the parts are sent, but does not ensure the condition so we are done there. R1-forum can only ban people but has no legal jurisdiction to take action. This leaves UPS and my bank. If that fails, I'll have to sell the parts on Ebay for a fraction of the price I paid.

I DO NOT recommend purchasing anything from this individual.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Can you post pics of the damage and the two pics that he posted? If there were repairs as you are stating...I should think you could get you money back, if not from him, but maybe small claims court.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
yea i hope stuff works out i cant vouche for the gobbed paint and attempts to fix things but i got my rear stand today and omg the box was fooked up! a good friend of mine worked for ups so i know how the packages are handeled everything gets thrown with two hands and boxes that say fragile get a one hand throw no joke!! did u get insurance to cover at least some of your money! i had a airsoft gun shipped to me 900 dollar gun and it got to my house with the upper reciever broke! u have to fill out some paper work and it takes some time but better then nothing! i hope u guys can work it out 875 is alot of money this time of year!

·
Shamalama Dingdong
221 Posts
Can you post pics of the damage and the two pics that he posted? If there were repairs as you are stating...I should think you could get you money back, if not from him, but maybe small claims court.
+1 on small claims court. Not sure if you will need to file in your jurisdiction or his, but for something nearly $1k, its worth the time and effort, if it comes to that.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
Post his real name and address. Maybe someone here lives close buy him and can pay him a visit and possibly "straighten him out" about screwing over forum members.

·
My Twins took all my money
2,456 Posts
This is he wrong time of year to be shipping big stuff that can easily be broken. Everybody hires guys off the street just for 1 or 2 months, with the potential to go permanent. How do you think most of those guys are going to treat packages? I always wait until January after all the Christmas stuff has made it through the system, and the temporaries are gone, and the routes are back to normal. As in they're not trying to cram 300 stops into a truck that normally take out 130.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
This is he wrong time of year to be shipping big stuff that can easily be broken. Everybody hires guys off the street just for 1 or 2 months, with the potential to go permanent. How do you think most of those guys are going to treat packages? I always wait until January after all the Christmas stuff has made it through the system, and the temporaries are gone, and the routes are back to normal. As in they're not trying to cram 300 stops into a truck that normally take out 130.
True...but with that said, the above pic is repaired...and if the original seller stated that all were in like new condition...that is not like new condition.

·
When's the next track day?
1,285 Posts
That's really ****ed up man. Sorry to see that happen from someone here. Id be so pissed off, Id take a road trip to his house to straighten that shit out in person.

·
NESBA Mid Central
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Seller's Pictures

Here's one of the two pictures I was sent by R105RAVEN. The resolution of the second picture exceeds 300KB and I can't find a way to dumb it down. Note that this picture could not have shown the damage.

Added 2007-12-31: Here's the second of the two pictures I was sent. It shows the tail fairing. It was taken from the back and does not show the scratch on the right hand side.

Attachments

·
NESBA Mid Central
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My bank cannot help. They said that they don't consider it fraud with respect to their operations since the payment to PayPal was authorized.

I'm still waiting on a response from UPS; though it is not their fault and they shouldn't have to pay. Maybe they can come up with something I haven't thought of.

Long story short, looks like I'm selling this crap with full disclosure on Ebay for about $200 and a lot of effort on my part. It'll suck to take a $700 hit.

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
^^^i was wondering the same thing

oh and nice avatar sabian:lol

·
Administrator
25,215 Posts
Did he never answer any of the accusations?
No he hasn't. I sent him a PM with a link to this thread which he has not read. His last log in was a over a week ago. So I'm sure he knew what was going on.

·
The Patient
1,643 Posts
i still cat believe watta fukin tool this guy is man, i feel really bad for you bro.

i really hope that asshole gets hit by a cager, i know thats a fukt up thing to say, but some assholes just do not deserve to be part of the two wheel brotherhood........

this really blows, look dude, i know you already spent a shit load of money, if you want i would be be willing to repair and repaint that shit for free labor... you just pay for materials and shipping and ill provide you with every reciept for material and shipping. and of course you would have to repurchase decals. I think it would more cost effective to cut your losses and rebuy. but i offer my help cuz i feel really bad for you bro, ive been screwed too and it dont feel good.

best wishes man

·
Administrator
25,215 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.