Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
RDNHRD
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, here is a quick video from Laguna Seca taken last month with California Superbike School. The coach picks me up following behind my coach until I get to the front straight and he lets me go. I hadn't ridden a 600 in about 10 years and was pleasently surprised. Enough for me to consider selling my RC51 and getting a r6.

I took Levels 2 and 3 at Laguna with a buddy of mine. We had a great time and learned a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scLu0yAAULw

Chris

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Sweet vid...looks like fun.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
Nice! did you get comfortable enough to put in a hot lap? Seem with any novice class (that be me) the riders speed variations make it to tricky to safely get to your limit.

·
Fear Nothing, Risk Everything
5,767 Posts
sweet, i would luv to go on a track day at laguna:bow

·
Pirate Brian
2,633 Posts
very nice video.

·
RDNHRD
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice!! How was Cork Screw? :rock :sneaky
Bogie,
The corkscrew was pretty cool. The first left at the top has a dip in it and you cannot see the downhill section right until you are at it, then you can slam it into the right going down hill. It takes a bit to get use to and you definately have to pick up some reference points to aim at goign through there.

Then following two corners (9 and 10) you get carry a ton of speed through. All down hill. It was a blast. Learned a thing or too while I was there.

·
RDNHRD
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! did you get comfortable enough to put in a hot lap? Seem with any novice class (that be me) the riders speed variations make it to tricky to safely get to your limit.
I was able to break free for a couple of good laps where I could connect the corners and increase the speeds at the same time while practicing some drills. It is certainly not a free for all while you are at a school. Must be respectful of other less experienced/skilled riders and give them some space when you are passing them. You really have to watch their lines for a couple corners to know what they are going to do. Nothing like passing someone on the outside and they change their line to push to the apron of the track.

·
Fcuk Snow
1,432 Posts
Looks like fun Chris. How's the snow down there? I heard you guys got quite a bit the past couple days. I ended up selling my house in Cicero last summer and moving up to Watertown with my wife to be closer to family and the business.

·
RDNHRD
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like fun Chris. How's the snow down there? I heard you guys got quite a bit the past couple days. I ended up selling my house in Cicero last summer and moving up to Watertown with my wife to be closer to family and the business.
The snow here is nuts already. Lake effect last night dropped another 8 inches on us. This is definately out of the ordinary for early December. Looking like it's going to be a white Christmas.

I cleared the driveway when I got home last night and had to clear it again before calling it a night. Roads were clear this morning and everything is back to normal.

Damn snowplow took out my mailbox Sunday. Bastard. They come ripping past the house at about 30mph and throws the snow about 15 feet into the yard and driveway. I know the plow operator just laughs as he goes by. You can see the red coal of the cigarette burning when he goes by. Just evil.

·
Pirate Brian
2,633 Posts
Haha that great. You know thats exactly what he thinks to. We dont get that much here in Cali!

·
Fcuk Snow
1,432 Posts
The snow here is nuts already. Lake effect last night dropped another 8 inches on us. This is definately out of the ordinary for early December. Looking like it's going to be a white Christmas.

I cleared the driveway when I got home last night and had to clear it again before calling it a night. Roads were clear this morning and everything is back to normal.

Damn snowplow took out my mailbox Sunday. Bastard. They come ripping past the house at about 30mph and throws the snow about 15 feet into the yard and driveway. I know the plow operator just laughs as he goes by. You can see the red coal of the cigarette burning when he goes by. Just evil.
:lol It's a fun little game they like to play.

·
RDNHRD
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I give the plow operators a lot of credit. Those guys work some long hours and they do an awesome job. It's not too rare our streets are not clear in the morning. Nothing like driving in a snow storm where you cannot see more than 5 feet in front of the car. WHITE OUT BABY.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Daym, I felt like I was playing Toruist Trophy! Nice ride along Chris.

My brother plows every storm. It's pretty a tiring job and like you said has long hours. In his own words, "I have no life when I'm plowing."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.