Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Good read but I think they made a mistake in tha article. In the last paragraph they say that cylinders 1,4 are roatated 180 from 2,3. They than say if you leave 1,3 alone and advance 2,4 you would have a 90 degree firing order. That is wrong. I think they meant to say leave 1,4 alone and advance 2,3 90 degrees this would give it the 90 degree order. I might be wrong but I do not think so.:)

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
It is the second or third paragraph from the end the first words it starts with is THE CURE.:)

·
Ghostrider Squadron XO
6,312 Posts
Good Read

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good read but I think they made a mistake in tha article. In the last paragraph they say that cylinders 1,4 are roatated 180 from 2,3. They than say if you leave 1,3 alone and advance 2,4 you would have a 90 degree firing order. That is wrong. I think they meant to say leave 1,4 alone and advance 2,3 90 degrees this would give it the 90 degree order. I might be wrong but I do not think so.:)

in the original cylinders 1 & 4 are at TDC and 2 & 3 are at BDC

they changed it to 1 at TDC, 2 half way down the cylinder, 3 half way up the cylinder, and 4 at BDC.

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
in the original cylinders 1 & 4 are at TDC and 2 & 3 are at BDC

they changed it to 1 at TDC, 2 half way down the cylinder, 3 half way up the cylinder, and 4 at BDC.
that makes sense. Time for me to think outside the box. Thank you:)

·
Have bikes, will travel
340 Posts
The first big bang bikes were the Honda 500cc GP two-strokes. The power delivery was so violent that the riders could not get decent drives due to the light switch power. I remember when I first heard one on the track. The exhaust note was very flat compared to the non-big bang ones. It worked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.