Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello peeps,
This is my first time for a while that I started a thread.
I have a black 07 R1, that doesn't always start like it should be.
If its standing still for a couple of hours I can start it without a problem and I can ride also without a problem.
The problem starts when I switch off the bike for a short stop (like after a stop at the gas station or catching a drink) and when I want to start the bike, it will not always start. It sound like the battery is dying or don't have enough power to start the bike.
Then you have to options wait for a couple of min/ hour or push the bike and it starts again.

What I already did is:
- Check the battery.
The battery is almost one year old. stock gel battery Yuasa.
The battery seems to charge normally.(12.4 when bike is off and 14.4V when bike starts)
I have also a battery charger that shows you how many percentage the battery is charged.(65% when bike is off and 100% when the bike starts)

- check the starter
I changed the magnetic set of the starter.

Motor light signal is always on, I put the bike at diagnos mode and got a large list of code but i don't know if they are error codes or just the random diagnostic with there codes. See below the exact order of the codes.
D01: 15; D02: 100; D03: 100; D05: 32; D06: 51; D07: 0; D08: 0.6; D09: 11.8
D13: 15; D14: 16; D15: 16; D20: on; D21: on; D30: 00; D01: 00; D01: 00; D30: 00
D31: 00; D32: 00; D33: 00; D34: 00; D36: 00; D37: 00; D38: 00; D39: 00; D48: 00
D50: 00; D51: 00; D52: 00; D53: 0; D60: 00; D61: 12; D62: 6; D63: 00; D70: 0

Its a lot of codes I know.?

Oh one other thing I have a power commander V on the bike.

I really hope someone can help me from my misery.
Thank you in advance.

·
R1.. The fast kind
985 Posts
Most interesting are diag code 61: 12
And 62: 6

62 say theres been 6 faults and 61 say fault cod no 12 (crank shaft sensor)..
If there's more fault codes diag code 61 will change with an intervall and show each fault code.

If there are any current existing fault it should show when ignition is turned on by the check engine light and fault code(s) will show in the right display..

20200404_045020.jpg
20200404_044909.jpg
20200404_043900.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most interesting are diag code 61: 12
And 62: 6

62 say theres been 6 faults and 61 say fault cod no 12 (cylinder identification sensor)..
If there's more fault codes diag code 61 will change with an intervall and show each fault code.

If there are any current existing fault it should show when ignition is turned on by the check engine light and fault code(s) will show in the right display..

View attachment 1011659
View attachment 1011661
View attachment 1011662
Thank you,
I'll check the display to see if the codes change in the 2 seconds and will start the searching works on the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you,
I'll check the display to see if the codes change in the 2 seconds and will start the searching works on the bike.
Hoi,
I check the other codes and you are totally right,
61: 12, 17, 22, 30, 39.
So I need to go check all these issues I hope it's a bad connected cable.
Thank you I'll start later on with searching, ill keep you guys in touch.

·
R1.. The fast kind
985 Posts
Ohh damn, that was a lot of fault codes....
Strange, if it was a common fault more sensors would fail...

Did they come up on the display with just ignition on or was it under diag code 61?

Remember, Diag 61-62 show all the faults that happened since last reset of the fault memory, they still show up there even if the fault it self is fixed.

As said, the codes flashing up during regular ignition on are actual fault codes pressent now..

Anyways, do a fault memory reset under diag 62 and see how meny faults that are left...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh damn, that was a lot of fault codes....
Strange, if it was a common fault more sensors would fail...

Did they come up on the display with just ignition on or was it under diag code 61?

Remember, Diag 61-62 show all the faults that happened since last reset of the fault memory, they still show up there even if the fault it self is fixed.

As said, the codes flashing up during regular ignition on are actual fault codes pressent now..

Anyways, do a fault memory reset under diag 62 and see how meny faults that are left...
If you can see on my fault code list nr 63 the value is zero, this mean that there is no current malfunction code. 62: 6 was what was an issues in the pass.
It brings me to only 2 things.
The battery isn't ok or the there is something wrong with the cables that supply power to the startor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to close this threat.
Regulator was not properly connected, connectors were not clicked through. (slightly disconnected) Battery is also no longer 100%, because I have been starting/ riding for a while on pure battery and never charge when riding.
Thank you all, have a nice day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts