Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys how are you all, hope you all had happy holidays! so straight to it guys, for some reason and hopefully one of you may help me find out but when I take sharp turns on my bike and try leaning more than a 45° Angle my handle bar will do a wobble and instantly lose balance I’m pretty sure something isn’t right, could my triple tree bar be loose, bad ball bearings, I’d mention bad tire but I replaced both a little over a month ago although I have ran over some pretty nasty ditches on the road that I have accidentally ran over. I don’t know please help. Thanks in advance

·
Venom X/O
26,238 Posts
Give us a rundown on the bike. Mechanically sound, good shape, rebuilt, lowered, stretched, anything crazy? Could be triple, could be forks, could be tires, could be bars, could be rear tire…

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Give us a rundown on the bike. Mechanically sound, good shape, rebuilt, lowered, stretched, anything crazy? Could be triple, could be forks, could be tires, could be bars, could be rear tire…
It’s sitting stock, isn’t stretched or lowered, speaking of I’m wanting to lower front end because it’s too high, mechanically I’d say it’s fine, I keep up with tune ups I did an oil and plugs change a month ago, I am replacing the air filter which is on its way that I recently ordered along with EK chain ,sunstar front sprocket and vortex rear sprocket but like I mentioned those things are still to be replaced they should all be here some time this week, both front and rear tires are brand new with Dunlop tires. Now my clutch is gone bike vibrates on neural and low rpm I’m currently waiting on new clutch to get here from Japan and that’s pretty much it mechanically

·
Banned
420 Posts
You lower the bike, this drops the wheel closer to the frame. Fast turn in, wobbles some that close, whereas if the front is farther away from the frame, that's more stable on the top end speeds.

Set the one fork where you want it. Float the other fork up or down until the front axle spins free between both forks. Lock that fork down and recheck. Ignore where the height out of the top crown is. The axle is square to the rear axle. No sketchy feel one way, then the other way feels normal.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Mine too is off out at the top crown, but my axle moves like this at the bottom so I know it's squared to the bottom of the triple tree. So say one has a slight spring sag. It still has the push to extend the fork so I doubt I'll feel that slight sag, as opposed to the feel you have now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts