Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2007 model. I bought the bike from a kid that has purchased it from a friend not knowing what he was buying. I’ve always had carbureted bike this is my first FI 1000. (Put my 96 zx11r up to keep miles off it). I blew the main fuse the other day. When replacing I seen the modules next to the fuse. One of the stock modules has been unplugged and a little aftermarket one is plugged in. I cannot find anything online explaining what this could be or even what the modules are for. It is down under the ECU and is on the throttle side of the tail. I have been told the bike has been ECU flashed. The motor was completely rebuilt right before I bought it, it has a 2brothers exhaust with y pipe, and 1down 2up sprockets. With that being said It definitely runs rich… you smell like fuel when you get off of it. Also it backfires on deceleration accompanied by a flame. Im trying to find out what exactly the little module is? Also would a power commander or maybe tuning the bike help with running rich?

Thanks in advance.
Jake

1 - 1 of 1 Posts