Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,827 Posts
I've got spoons and I use a floor jack under my headers. I have access to the tire machine at the shop, but i elect to use spoons.

100 per is extreme. Most shops around here charge between 40/70$ to pull the rim, put the rubber on, balance and re mount.

When I was running q4's I changed the rear tire with my oil. That would have gotten expensive quick.

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,827 Posts
Re "expensive quick" - yes - and again, this clown was asking $100 per wheel to mount tires I supply and only if I removed the wheels myself and brought them to him! I can't imagine what he would charge to supply tires, remove wheels and mount the tires but in his business model that would be good for about $1000 for 30 minutes work. It drives me nuts.

Re jacks - so you can just life up an R1 by putting a jack underneath the headers - good to know but would have made me nervous!

But probably a better idea than buying yet another stand / lift for $100 and easier to find on Craigslist or Ebay.
I can on my 08. The cup on my floor jack cradles the exup perfectly.

Have a look at the abba sky lift. Cost you about the same as a front and rear stand combo, and a lot more versatile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts