Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm perplexed on what to do seeing how I just got this bike yesterday. Everything ran fine over multiple rides yesterday, but this morning has been a completely different story.

So I washed the bike and thought maybe I got water on the plugs, but I wish it was that easy. I kept the engine revved up and took off to air the thing out, went a few miles and came back. It started up and idle'd just fine at that point. I thought the problem was solved.

But nope, just tried again this evening and this bike will NOT idle unless I keep on the throttle.

This thing just got serviced by a shop with super good ratings not even 2 weeks ago. The guy had the receipt with him and showed over $600 worth of stuff done. I'm SHOCKED that this got past them.

how to proceed? I'm gonna run the battery down if I have to keep fighting to keep this thing running.

·
Premium Member
11,933 Posts
Sounds like a tuning issue which would not be a big deal if that’s the case.

Does the bike have a Power Commander installed?

Has the ECU been flashed?

Is the stock O2 sensor been removed/deleted? If it’s been deleted, this will cause idle issues when cold.

My bike will not idle on its own when the engine is cold and the temperature outside is below a certain degree. Once it’s warmed, it runs like a champ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a tuning issue which would not be a big deal if that’s the case.

Does the bike have a Power Commander installed?

Has the ECU been flashed?

Is the stock O2 sensor been removed/deleted? If it’s been deleted, this will cause idle issues when cold.

My bike will not idle on its own when the engine is cold and the temperature outside is below a certain degree. Once it’s warmed, it runs like a champ.
Well I woke up this morning and the thing cranked up within 3 secs of me hitting the button. Weird.

after work I had to hit it twice, but yep cranked up and got me home no probs again.

i'm honestly new to sport bikes, so i'll have to check for all these things and I doubt the previous owner has a f'n clue himself.

Hopefully it's just something super small, the bike runs beautiful once i'm out on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts