Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In december I got my 03 r6 and my 02 r1 stolen along with my friends 600rr out of my garage. There were 3 vehicles in the yard so the crooks went through 2 neighbor's yard by cuuting the fence and cut the locks on my garage. Inside the bikes were locked with cryptonite and heavy duty chains (fort knoxx style). The remains of these locks shows that these crooks have a big bolt cutter because all the locks and chain have 1 clean cut through them. I live in NYC and after pounding the streets I finally got them back. Found out that the dealership where I bought the R1 had a lot to do with it. My word of advice, most people at the dealers are crooks or they know crooks. They sell your info to these people. Second, none of those locks u buy can stop these mother truckers. Plzzzzzzz people u dont want to go through what I did. My bikes were intact but the mental trauma remains.. BE CAREFUL PLZZZZZ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kinda took matters into my own hands. Those were my babies. Cops didnt seem to realize how much they meant to me. They thought it was an ins job. Only catch is none of the bikes had ins on them

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
Dude, be careful making generalizations like that.
While you may feel that way, i and several others have or do currently work for dealerships and i resent your implication that that means i'm a crook.
Just because you know, or think you know, about a specific instance, don't make generalizations. It makes you appear stupid and uninformed, and i'd like to think that you aren't.

Glad to hear you got the bikes, back, and glad to hear they were intact.:thumbup

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not say all dealerships r like that. I am telling you that I know for a fact of quite a few of the dealers in my area r in to that kind of stuff. It is elsewhere also, case in point the guy in fl who found his bike after the deakership he took it 2 sent people to get the bike,,,, he posted a few days ago. So raed carefully, not all dealerships r like that. All i am saying ..BE THOU CAREFUL.. By the way the stupid comment was cute but until u have been in my shoes then u wont understand.........Didnt mean to offend anyone

·
Broke OUTTA Jail
5,069 Posts
I AM WITH YARDIE....THE OTHER POSTED FORUM OF THE SAME THING HE IS TALKING ABOUT WAS FROM ME THAT I POSTED A FEW DAYS AGO....NOT ALL DEALERSHIPS ARE THIS WAY BUT THERE ARE A FEW BAD ONES OUT THERE....MAYBE MORE THAN A FEW...ANYWAY...SAME SH&@ DIFFERENT STATE...HE IS IN NY AND I AM IN FL. SO IT HAPPENS AND SOMETIMES IT IS AN INSIDE JOB...SUCKS BUT TRUE

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
yardie said:
I did not say all dealerships r like that. I am telling you that I know for a fact of quite a few of the dealers in my area r in to that kind of stuff. It is elsewhere also, case in point the guy in fl who found his bike after the deakership he took it 2 sent people to get the bike,,,, he posted a few days ago. So raed carefully, not all dealerships r like that. All i am saying ..BE THOU CAREFUL.. By the way the stupid comment was cute but until u have been in my shoes then u wont understand.........Didnt mean to offend anyone
Blah, blah. blah...............

You said, and i quote:
yardie said:
My word of advice, most people at the dealers are crooks or they know crooks. They sell your info to these people.
maybe you should read what you post.

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
I just want to know if yardie actually tracked these theives down himself, and beat some ass to get back his bikes into his possession.

·
Can i bum $1
883 Posts
WONDER140 said:
R1Budha HAS A BAD ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!
The Stewie avatar should have alerted you...j/k.

As a rule of thumb when going to a dealership for the first time I give them a friends address. If I grow to trust them I may give them the correct address. Just a thought.

·
i dont ride fast, i fly low
1,640 Posts
skinnyR! said:
I just want to know if yardie actually tracked these theives down himself, and beat some ass to get back his bikes into his possession.

:iamwithst :corn :corn

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
I can see exactly where Yardie is coming from. Although it may be the exception and not the rule, there are those who work at dealerships who are not exactly on the up and up. Just this past weekend a local dealership was raided and I believe 4 employees were arrested. What they were doing is getting the addresses of customers and making keys. What followed was that they would either follow the customer or take the bike from their houses or work. Then they would chop the bikes and sell the parts. We've had this with both cars and bikes now. Last year there were several Honda dealerships who had employees doing the same thing. It's not new and it's definately not an indictment of all people who work at shops or dealerships.

·
working on that new bike
4,592 Posts
WONDER140 said:
R1Budha HAS A BAD ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!
i concur!!!
i work at dealer and could give a damn about how he said it--and it states-MOST PEOPLE at dealerships

did that include R1budha

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
I see that "most people" thing, and I believe that's just a failure to communicate. Hell I'm a cop and I know some crooks too, but I'm not a crook. As for Budha, I'd let him stay at my house , but I would lock up the refrigerator so he can't be all that bad. ( But he did go to culinary school so , if he was cookin up somethin that'd be a different story.)

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
yardie said:
In december I got my 03 r6 and my 02 r1 stolen along with my friends 600rr out of my garage. There were 3 vehicles in the yard so the crooks went through 2 neighbor's yard by cuuting the fence and cut the locks on my garage. Inside the bikes were locked with cryptonite and heavy duty chains (fort knoxx style). The remains of these locks shows that these crooks have a big bolt cutter because all the locks and chain have 1 clean cut through them. I live in NYC and after pounding the streets I finally got them back. Found out that the dealership where I bought the R1 had a lot to do with it. My word of advice, most people at the dealers are crooks or they know crooks. They sell your info to these people. Second, none of those locks u buy can stop these mother truckers. Plzzzzzzz people u dont want to go through what I did. My bikes were intact but the mental trauma remains.. BE CAREFUL PLZZZZZ
Yardie,

PM me the name of the dealership that was hooked up with stealing your bikes.

·
Banned
536 Posts
I think most dealers suck and are crooks in the sense they will bend you over if they can but not in the mafia sense you are talking about. Atleast when woods is done having their way with your wallet you get to keep your bike!:scared

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
The dealers that have them crooks under their roofs should give the offended rider like 30% off everything FOR LIFE.

See,I"ve been there too...2 of my brand new bikes disapeared from my home when I started to do business with a given dealer.

I"m merely shooting blanks here since I"ve never proven anything,but I stopped dealing with those,moved and what do you know...I keep my bikes now.

Having a posession stolen puts one in a "paranoid and psychotic" state which may be a good thing regarding the means we take to prevent that happening,but also puts a lot of uneeded stress on us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts