Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
my R1 will probably eat me.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I tried to sleep but I can’t turn of my thoughts since I bought a 1998 Yamaha R1 two days ago. My mind have already re-painted the bike 5 times, added some carbon, higher windshield and rebuilt the tail. And maybe that is something I will do when I get my hands on the bike, unfortunately it’s now locked up in a garage that I do not have access to in a couple of weeks.

When I am going to do all that tuning I want the bike to stand up with style, and I am thinking of building me a bike stand (like the one attached, but maybe with wheels on), I do not want to buy a brand new one since I know how to weld, which probably makes it a little bit easier. But I have newer paid attention looking at a bike stand, and therefore I would like you guys to give me some advices about this matter, like if someone got a blueprint or some experiences if you have tried to build your own bikestand for a R1? Does the pro´s got different bikestands both for the front and the rear of the bike? And where are the bike stands attached on the bike (since I do not got access to my bike I really want to know so I could construct a bikestand next night in my dreams..)

By the way, merry Christmas!

·
Registered
777 Posts
This should help.. There is a threaded hole on each side of your swingarm to put either fancy spools or plain old bolts. The rear stand rests on them.

My front stand is an under the fork mount stlyle. You just angle under the forks and lever the front up on the stand .

·
my R1 will probably eat me.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Incredible this forum really works, even for those small stupid questions like this one...

Thanks for the pictures and descriptions, exactly what I needed, I will definitely have them in mind when I’m doing my own!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts