Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys im trying to get a little ride going for the day after Thanksgiving. Hopefully most people will be visiting family or shoping so the roads should be wide open. We are going to be meeting at 10AM in Corona, Ca and heading up to Silverwood lake to do the Rim of the World loop through Silverwood Lake, Lake Arrowhead, and Big Bear Lake. it is a really great ride. I just did it yesturday and the roads were awsome and it was 75 degrees. perfect for riding. I hope to get a nice turn out with all skill levels so the fast guys can go on ahead and the slow guys can kick to the back. we want to ride in our skill level so nobody gets hurt. i would rather wait at the end of the hill for a slow rider than wait for a tow truck and fire truck. hit me up if you guys want more details. [email protected] or on here with PM. also if we have any guys coming from north of Corona, Ca we can also have another meet spot right off the 15 and the 138 at around 10:45 but let me know if you are coming and which meet spot u will be at so i dont wait around all day

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,260 Posts
ah i'd love to go!!! but i have to work....

·
Stay focus and ride safe!!!
183 Posts
This coming Friday is a bad time. My fiance and my son will be moving in with me and Friday is the "big day" for moving. If you guys set something up for a Sunday ride then me and a friend of mine that lives in Corona can meet up with the group. Just post something up and I'll check on it. Have fun guys!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went on this same ride last weekend and it was 78 degrees in lake arrowhead and if your worried about being cold u probably shouldnt come because tampons dont hold up in cold weather

·
My Twins took all my money
2,456 Posts
I was in Big Bear last week (12th-16th) it only got up to 63 degrees for 1 day. Not bad weather if you're spending the day, otherwise it felt cold going from 80 degree to 50 something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yaya i understand it is cold im not saying its not gonna be cold but u guys dont have to worry because everyone bitched out so nobody is going anymore i will just hit up ortega all weekend like i do every weekend because all my friends who say they are RIDERS dont wanna ride. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

·
Registered
185 Posts
i went on this same ride last weekend and it was 78 degrees in lake arrowhead and if your worried about being cold u probably shouldnt come because tampons dont hold up in cold weather
In my book, you are truly a motorcycle rider...too cold LOL...they do make long coats for riding...kinda like the one's cowboys wear... up hear in Nor Cal we ride in front of the storm... Ride safe bro and Happy Thanksgiving!!!:riding

·
Registered
69 Posts
I actually live in Corona and don't know anybody with a bike still in operable condition to ride with. Where in Corona do you meet? This is my 5th bike but I just did the 600 mile service the other day. First ride after break-in!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.