Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just looking at both bikes (2002 models) anyone know how the R-1 holds up to the blackbird? Prolly will buy one or the other in Jan 04.

thanks

·
wheres the aux rev limiter?
882 Posts
the blackbird is not really a hard edge sport bike is it?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
It's a sport touring bike designed to compete with the Busa... your better off with the R1.... Blackbird kinda sucks in my opinion...
but then again I don't like the busa either...

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,670 Posts
if you want a La-Z-Boy sportbike get the blackbird. if you something that will turn, get the R

·
It's possible to push so I win
183 Posts
man00 said:
Hello all, just looking at both bikes (2002 models) anyone know how the R-1 holds up to the blackbird? Prolly will buy one or the other in Jan 04.

thanks
What do you mean, is an R1 like riding in Nerf Universe? No way, pal. Apples and Oranges. It's like choosing between a Honda Accord or an S2000. Consult some recent magazines, and determine what you want from a bike. As to what 99% of the forum members would choose, I like to think that the choice is obvious.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The R1's peer group are
- the CBR1000RR
- GSXR1000
- ZX10R

the blackbird is for the old tourer...with no style LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
I actually ride with a guy that has a 97 blackbird. They are very comfortable and fast. In the twisties the R1 would stomp a hole in a blackbird, but on straight rodes the blackbird is faster. It depends on what kind of rodes you will frequent and if your more of a long distance rider. I think the blackbirds are ugly as all hell though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts