Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DJack
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any have actual pics of a blue 06 R1 from a dealer or from a bike show? I am tired of drooling at Yamaha's web site:eek:

·
DJack
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would anyone with photochop skills be willing to chop this photo with a blue lower fairing?

Attachments

·
DJack
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??Any pics yet??

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
DJack said:
Would anyone with photochop skills be willing to chop this photo with a blue lower fairing?
Then it just like an O4... :dunno

Attachments

·
DJack
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:bow :bow :rock :boobies
Nice pic capture!! I cant wait either!

·
DJack
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey the 05 is just as hot!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
not fair I wanted to able to post the 1st blue 06 pics...I'm calling my dealer now

·
R1 all the way
813 Posts
OK for looks only ? The 06 R1 just has the gold anodized fork tubes, different graphics and the lower fairing is black right?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
AndyC said:
OK for looks only ? The 06 R1 just has the gold anodized fork tubes, different graphics and the lower fairing is black right?
1st off my bike isn't in,,,damn
ok looks wise from the 05 the 06 has black exhaust pan and lowers..the ram air ducts are now painted blue:thumbup which I think actually made me chose it over the yellow...

·
Premium Member
37,428 Posts
you know my one pet peeve is that they should at least follow Suzuki and Kawi in having the forks coated with Ni Ti or DLC.

·
R1 all the way
813 Posts
Wow I didn't notice the blue ram ducts untill you said that :) So noticeable items are the ducts,fork,and graphic. -- the exhaust sheilds don't count since they used them on the Raven :)

"coated forks with Ni Ti or DLC" would be to cool so most likely we'd have to get that done ourselfs.

·
obsessed
1,522 Posts
The changes are 95% cosmetic. I really can't see trading a 04 or 05 for an 06. :no

·
DJack
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looky like it

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
well you can't see trading for it cause this deal is one of those things that you have to ride to appreciate it. Probably along the lines of oh they shoulda done it this way the 1st time. New frame, new swing arm, new front boinger's, tweaked engine. IS what they admit to so far. It quite a bit more than cosmetic. This is an evolution of the design for sure. I'm glad I got one as such as the 2007 or 08s may go the way of the r6 now....:ugh

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
its kinda like having a backwards compatibly game console!(ps1 &ps2)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.