Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
My R1 is SCRUMPTRULESCENT!
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bought a BOHN back protector and wore it at Jennings for 2 days. Fit and finish seems to be great. I like the fact that it is long and protects your tailbone as well as your shoulder blade and kidney area. I was concerned about the length because when I wore it on the street I found the top of it contacting the back of my helmet when I looked up (as I would be looking into the corner). I found that, with full leathers, when I strapped it on if I pulled it down to the correct position it was very unobtrusive and I didn't even know it was there. It conforms very well to the contours of your body. It wasn't very hot out so I didn't really get to test the "cool" quality of it but it seemed to allow air to pass through the material between the protective padding. The straps were very comfortable and adjustable. I haven't, and hope not to, crash test it but am confident it will do its job if called upon.

I was going to buy a Knox but decided they were so close in quality the ease of purchase of the Bohn sold me in the end. I would give it a 9 out of 10 rating. This is my first back protector so I don't have a lot to compare it to. my .02

·
OG Moderator
995 Posts
:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts