Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did the unthinkable. I bought a 2002 GSXR1000. I really like the 2002 R1 but dealer around here would not budge from MSRP. Then I came across a 2002 GSXR with 880 miles on it. Already had a full titanium tri-oval Yoshimura exhaust and a Power Commander IIIR on it. The guy had it dyno'ed recently at 158hp at the rear wheel. Don't be to hard on me I'm still a huge fan of the R1 and Yamaha as I still own a 85 RZ350 and a 90 FZR. Anyway I hope everyones enjoying the riding season!!Peace!

· Heh Heh, Alright!
8,145 Posts
At least your out there riding. Thats the most important part:thumbup

· Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
632 Posts
don't worry about it! You got a great bike with amazing power and handling. I almost bought the gixxer 1000

· My R1 amazes me
36 Posts
It doesn' t matter what........

your Riding! All that matters is that you are still riding a bike overall. I never down a man/woman or his/her bike as long as he/she keeps riding. Enjoy your new bike too and ride safe.:beer A toast on the new bike:thumbup For keeping it real.:rock Have fun and be safe!!!

· My R1 ate my R6
2,536 Posts
Good for you on a new bike. Just a thought....did the guy sell it so he could get an R1? J/K :lol

· I eat R1's /CBR954's
23 Posts
'02 Gixxer1k

Welcome to the darkside ..... :D

you will not be disappointed, that i guarentee ...

nice Bhp fig's to btw keep tuning and you'll get over that 160BHP range like me :D

· I eat R1's /CBR954's
23 Posts
R1ZOOM said:
what happened to the guy behind us on the Gixxer1K??
Answer: he passed you like you were standing still ,that's what happened :lol , and if it was a '99-'01 it was the GSX-R750 that ate you alive :D :D

J/K guys .... honestly

Ride safe

· time stops at top end!!!!!!!!!
99 Posts
that's a fast bike man my buddy's got one. too bad they haven't changed the looks in the last ten years. hopefully you won't get sick of the look and start painting it and changing the stickers cause if so you should've just got the hottest bike on earth R1:rock

· Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
40 Posts
Gixxers are great......

Too bad gixxer.com doesnt compare to r1-forum...jk

I almost bought a gixxer last weekend, if they would have had the financing deal like Yamaha Id probably be riding it right now. I am patiently waiting for my R1. I just put the deposit on a Blue 2002 R1 scheduled to be here this month. I had to drive 100 mi to a dealer that doesnt believe in price gouging. In the Denver area R-1's are bringing $1K over retail if u can find one in stock. I've seen alot of nice Gixxers as I was shopping. Guess I dont need to tell you what they were traded in on....lol. I'm not knocking the gixxer at all, both bikes have there strong points. Hell if I win the lottery tonight I'll have one of each. Enjoy your new ride.

Peace

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.