Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those who help me out earlier, thanks for your assistance :)

Well guys heres my Baby R1. It was a tough decision. I had my eye on the CBR1000RR and the GSXR 2004 1K( almost bought it). I mean i really was into both these bikes but finally, Red R1 won my heart. did i made a good choice? Used to be at r6messagenet.com but i guess i'll hang out with you guys now that we are in teh same boat. Ok do i need to know anything. 25 miles now.

·
Beating a dead horse.
4,015 Posts
congrats on the new toy :) I think you made the right decisions :D

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
Damn that looks hot!

I went jacket shopping yesterday. One of the dealers had that bike on the floor. No salesmen on the floor. It was just me and her, and they even had the fookin key in the ignition. I turned it on, and you can hear the Fi start up in the silent showroom floor. That's when I found out that the display has a kickass blue backlight. Damn I want my bike. :(

·
04 Moped rider
293 Posts
R1one said:
Those who help me out earlier, thanks for your assistance :)

Ok do i need to know anything. 25 miles now.
Just break her in right.
The first 2 oilchanges are critical.
I changed mine at 300, 600, 1000

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
umm i'm seeing lots of issues from other post with the R1. Nothing seems to be out of ordinary from dealer to home. am gonna ride them tomorrow again :)

I turned it on, and you can hear the Fi start up in the silent showroom floor. That's when I found out that the display has a kickass blue backlight. Damn I want my bike.
thats how excited i was after starting it for the first time. Blue back light, Trick sound mannnnn i'm loving it

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
why do I never get sick of looking at pictures of this machine:bow

·
You think you can keep up?!
652 Posts
R1one said:
...Ok do i need to know anything.
Welcome :hellobye

The only thing you need to know is...

Twist right hand = Faster :rock
Squeeze left hand = Slower :eek:

:sneaky Excellent decision BTW!

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
R1one said:
umm i'm seeing lots of issues from other post with the R1. Nothing seems to be out of ordinary from dealer to home. am gonna ride them tomorrow again :)

That's just the newbies freaking out. There are no proven issues with the bike. Other than It's freaking awesome...... I have about 350 miles on mine.... Welcome and you did make the right decision...CONGRATS...

:rock :rock :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yea, I'm loving my RED. Gotta download some more pics I took today.

435 Miles on it. I postphoned my first oil change, doh! Usually do it at about 250 - 300 miles.

Oh well. I'll prob wait till 600 now.
I've been riding quite aggressive with RPM's hitting in the 7000-8000 range (my shift light going on like mad), with a few runs up to about 10,000. NICE!

Nothing to laborous. The manual ONLY says: 0-600 mi NO prolonged REVS above 7000. Then from 600 - 1000 NO prolonged REVS above 8000.

so periodic quick bursts should be fine.

Tarl

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
umm looking good...might just remove the mmirrors and do the ruro turn signal already intergrated in the lids

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks you know i will :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
you lucky bastarad :thumbup

:riding

congrats dude got a sexy beast there take good care of it

·
I need more money.
3,023 Posts
This bike it totaly amazing. Color kills me everytime I look at these pics.

Dude, Dont worry, You made the right decision. Thats for sure.

·
Blue is faster!
305 Posts
Yamaha made the instrument cluster Blue so that everyone who owned the silver and red R1's had a taste of the fastest One (Blue of course)!! :)

Excellent decision thought!! Red looks awesome, I can't wait to see it in person.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts