Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this beauty, to add to my R1M. Question: is it worth it to upgrade my brake lines? Im looking into COREMOTO. I will also be adding Rotors with brembo calipers probably the GP4-RS.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deleting the ABS?
I'm not sure yet, I'm just getting started with it, eventually it will be making it my trackbike. For now it will be street/trackbike. I am not super fast on the track yet. I'm like middle B class. With some races here and there.

Registered
i had to change my brake lines because the fitting to connect to the brembo master wasn't right. i would have had to bend it all crazy but i think they make an adapter elbow also. as far as performance reasons the stock lines are braided there is no performance gain from changing them on the front unless you are going to delete abs. the rear isn't braided but i don't think anyone will notice a performance increase on the rear brake.

Registered
I'm not sure yet, I'm just getting started with it, eventually it will be making it my trackbike. For now it will be street/trackbike. I am not super fast on the track yet. I'm like middle B class. With some races here and there.
Gearhehed is right, get rid of the ABS, I ride mine on street atm, only because of covid and we missed quite a few trackdays. Also you have to get used to it sometime, and the R1 ABS is nothing like the Aprilia or the Ducati, lift the back wheel and it was no brakes. Plus them calipers and master will probably trigger the ABS even more.
ABS has come a long way but Yamaha hasn't kept up.
To me it's nothing as i am an old dog ridden 2 strokes even a racing 500, you are wasting your money with that gear and not removing the abs, you will soon get a feel for it, the quicker the better. GP4RS great calipers with decent pads you just won't benifit from the upgrades unless you remove the abs . I have the same master and HPK rotors and calipers and Ohlins R&T forks, I got rid of the ABS straight away, you will have plenty of feel. Good luck

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gearhehed is right, get rid of the ABS, I ride mine on street atm, only because of covid and we missed quite a few trackdays. Also you have to get used to it sometime, and the R1 ABS is nothing like the Aprilia or the Ducati, lift the back wheel and it was no brakes. Plus them calipers and master will probably trigger the ABS even more.
ABS has come a long way but Yamaha hasn't kept up.
To me it's nothing as i am an old dog ridden 2 strokes even a racing 500, you are wasting your money with that gear and not removing the abs, you will soon get a feel for it, the quicker the better. GP4RS great calipers with decent pads you just won't benifit from the upgrades unless you remove the abs . I have the same master and HPK rotors and calipers and Ohlins R&T forks, I got rid of the ABS straight away, you will have plenty of feel. Good luck

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response. I will definitely look into it. it's my first time with ABS. Not quite sure if I ever even set it off. Lol. Having said that, how do I delete the ABS. If you can give me some pointers I would apricieate it. I'm going to upgrade my brake lines with COREMOTO lines. Rather go all out then half ass it.

Registered
you just get lines that go right from the master to the callipers instead of to the abs then the callipers. if you lookup lines it will show abs delete lines for most brands. you can either leave the abs pump in the bike or you can order a plug from a company like flash tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts