Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My R1 go to warp drive
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked high and low and I cant seem to find any reviews or opinions on the Brembo GP4-RS. Also, am I supposed to get the 108MM with adaptors or is it a direct fit? Brembo parts page states it's a direct fit but I recall reading in previous post that you needed adaptors for the M4 version. Does anyone have any insight on this topic. BTW it's an 09 R1...

·
My R1 go to warp drive
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
My R1 go to warp drive
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have gotten the Berringer a while ago but I do not like that I have to use their brake pads solely...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
the 108mm calipers do not fit the 07-14 r1's without the adapters. i don't know if those adapters fit the gp4-rs you could have to ask brembo. if they do fit then the gp4-rs are a great caliper for the buck especially, better then the M4 by far and i believe cheaper. they also make the gp4-rx in a 130mm but its more expensive and a bit heavier of a caliper.

·
My R1 go to warp drive
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the information. I've decided to just save up for the gp4rx. After this upgrade I'll have my almost dream first gen cross plain. You can always keep dumping money into a bike, but I'll be satisfied with where I'm at.

·
My R1 go to warp drive
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Regarding the calipers, the downside to Beringer is the limited pad selection - but their R7 pad is truly a WSBK / Moto2 pad compound. It's expensive however.

With the GP4-RX you have your pick in pads, even that R7 compound.

Also worthy of note, Beringer 130mm are 6 piston, Brembo GP4-RX 4 piston.

You'll be done? Yeah right, that's what I said... :hammer:
So true!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts