Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
The rotors themselves aren't lighter..... but the combination of your Galfers and the adapters probably makes them close. You wouldn't be purchasing the Brembo's for weight savings though... it would be for performance. The Galfers.... at least the ones it looks like you have, are stainless steel. The Brembos have higher iron content in the steel for a better coefficient of friction ( better stopping )

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
do you have any pics of them on the wheels
also do you have any more information on the rotors like part number, or anything that will give any specification.

and i have galfers do you want to trade :lol

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
what does OWO style mean, i have marchesini's and i would like to know if they fit.
what is your reason for you to sell them, and also you would not want to trade for galfers

·
WSMC #520
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You have to do some measuring on your marchis. You can see in this pic that the rotors are meant to be put on the wheel itself, not the adapter. The measurements for the rotor are listed in the first post.

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
For what it's worth..... I'm the guy Brian got the rotors from. They came off of a Marchesini race wheel which uses a bolt patter of 6 x 80mm..... you can see in the picture Brian posted the Marchesini he has, has an adapter bolted to the wheel to allow the use of the stock rotors. The adapter is bolted to the wheel using the 6 x 80mm bolt pattern..... ( see the images I've posted as well )

In the first image is a direct bolt on Marchesini ( blue ) it hase the same type of adapter.... if you remove the adapter it looks like the secong image ( except that wheel is a older 5 spoke )

If you remove the adapters... then the Brembos will bolt right up to the wheel. The question then becomes will it still go onto your bike. The Brembo's here have a 19.5mm offset..... most Yamaha's at least to the best of my knowledge have 130mm spacing for the rotors ( give or take 1mm ) so, knowing this...... your hub after you remove the spacers needs to be 91mm wide where the rotors would bolt to the wheel ( again give or take 1mm ) from here you should ( or anyone for that matter ) be able to do the math and se if these would work on your bike.
The other issue is that these are narrow band rotors..... if you don't know what that entails... these might not be rotors for your bike ( sorry B, just trying to be honest ) you wiull need calipers designed for narrow band rotors... or you will have to modify the pads in your calipers to work with these otherwise the pads will contact the " buttons " that attach the rotor to the carrier.....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.