Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
If you take the adapters off that allow you to run your stock rotors ( in your case the Galfers ) then those Brembos will bolt right up.

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
The rotors themselves aren't lighter..... but the combination of your Galfers and the adapters probably makes them close. You wouldn't be purchasing the Brembo's for weight savings though... it would be for performance. The Galfers.... at least the ones it looks like you have, are stainless steel. The Brembos have higher iron content in the steel for a better coefficient of friction ( better stopping )

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
For what it's worth..... I'm the guy Brian got the rotors from. They came off of a Marchesini race wheel which uses a bolt patter of 6 x 80mm..... you can see in the picture Brian posted the Marchesini he has, has an adapter bolted to the wheel to allow the use of the stock rotors. The adapter is bolted to the wheel using the 6 x 80mm bolt pattern..... ( see the images I've posted as well )

In the first image is a direct bolt on Marchesini ( blue ) it hase the same type of adapter.... if you remove the adapter it looks like the secong image ( except that wheel is a older 5 spoke )

If you remove the adapters... then the Brembos will bolt right up to the wheel. The question then becomes will it still go onto your bike. The Brembo's here have a 19.5mm offset..... most Yamaha's at least to the best of my knowledge have 130mm spacing for the rotors ( give or take 1mm ) so, knowing this...... your hub after you remove the spacers needs to be 91mm wide where the rotors would bolt to the wheel ( again give or take 1mm ) from here you should ( or anyone for that matter ) be able to do the math and se if these would work on your bike.
The other issue is that these are narrow band rotors..... if you don't know what that entails... these might not be rotors for your bike ( sorry B, just trying to be honest ) you wiull need calipers designed for narrow band rotors... or you will have to modify the pads in your calipers to work with these otherwise the pads will contact the " buttons " that attach the rotor to the carrier.....

Attachments

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
No.... they are not.... they will fit many Ducati's but Corsa rotors are ONLY for Corsa wheels and the Brembo ref. # is 08.6703.21....... these are not Corsa rotors.....
These as stated earlier are 08.6703.56

08.6703.21 Corsa rotors have a 79.6 ID / 9.5mm offset and 100.8mm bolt circle

08.6703.56 Yamaha / Ducati rotors have a 64mm ID / 19.5mm offset / 80mm bolt circle

Not EVEN close to being the same thing....... How's Paul doing Sergio ? still working for you guys ? tell him Jeff says hi

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
Yes most Ducati's come with the 10mm offset .... Bikes like the 748R / 998R came with the deeper offset but still used the 80mm bolt circle to the best of my knowledge. The 100.8 bcd is a race department thing...... ?

FYI - I use Fred website a lot but this came directly from Brembo info ;-) I referenced Fred's site earlier though ;-)

The rotors for sale here use the narrow hub Marchesini / Marvic wheels ( 92mm or something ) the typical Ducati hub is 110mm.... no ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.