Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 R1M
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first forum I've ever joined but I have been riding for 46 of my 52 years. I'm not new to working on bikes but I'm getting a little frustrated with Bren Tuning and I'm not sure what to do? I have 4 bikes and I wanted to flash my 2022 R1M so I ordered the flasher plus, it came with a cable that has a red end and is to small to plug into the diagnostic connector (mine is white). I've sent multiple emails with pictures showing how it will not work. After my 8th email he agreed and said we sent the wrong cable. So I received the "new" cable today but it has the same connector just not the 12 V wire.

I've sent 3 emails since and in the last one I sent a YouTube video link and asked if they had a cable that plugs into the flasher+ but the other end is a standard OBD II adapter and I can use my adapter that fits from there. That appeared to be the setup in the video so I thought it might work. I'm still waiting for a response to all 3 emails.

If they don't have a generic cable does anyone in here have one I can buy from them (generic OBD II or exact)?

I'll attempt to add a few pictures to illustrate what I've shown them.

Automotive lighting Audio equipment Cloud Eyewear Gadget

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Outerwear Textile Sleeve Grey Collar

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

The red you see down by the side of the battery is just a DC add-on plus I've already used the white connector to clear wheel speed sensor code from my rear tire going flat at 120 mph. The bike had exactly 100 miles on it when that happened. So I know the white connector is correct because I cleared that code using it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'd like to install my Graves full Titanium/Carbon Fiber shorty exhaust!

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this.

·
I'm going to be a dad!
585 Posts
Can you tell me what connector is under this white plug?

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Trunk

·
Registered
2022 R1M
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stand corrected, you are right and I look like a fool. I was confused because my other bikes only have a single diagnostic connector and I used the white connector to clear the wheel speed sensor code so I assumed (which made me look like an ass) there was only one. I just checked and you are correct good sir!

Thank you very much for helping and old man out!

·
I'm going to be a dad!
585 Posts
I'm glad you got it sorted. On older models they were white so it's an easy mistake to make. Happy riding.

·
Registered
2022 R1M
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Am I wrong in thinking BT Moto technical support should have noticed it immediately?

I even said it was a 4 pin plug and theirs has 6 pins.

I went and checked ALL of my scanners and they use the 4 pin white diagnostic connector.

What specifically is the red one for, is it more for tuning the bike if you use it on the track?

I ask because I was able to clear the rear wheel sensor code using the white connector and one of my scanners uses it to capture live data.

I don't mean to be a pain but I bought the OEM service manual and I love to learn that's why I'm asking.

Plus I'm new to all of these aids they put on bikes nowadays. I just got back from riding it for the last time before putting on the goodies (Graves full titanium/carbon fiber shorty exhaust, Puig windscreen, NRC fender eliminator, BMC race filter and that's all so far).

I pinned the throttle in power mode A and I'm amazed how it will just float the front tire in the air for so long through multiple gears and you don't have to do anything with the rear brake or throttle like bikes without wheelie control.

I'm still trying to get through all of the options and that doesn't include the seemingly infinite amount of settings for the suspension.

I will update my avatar once the bike is presentable. It has exactly 380 miles on it now so I'll do the mods and then when everything is in place switch it over to Amsoil, make the updates to everything in the dash and go see what it can do with all the Busa Bros and stretched ZX 14R's around here. They don't stand a chance in the corners but I'd like to see how it does from a 60 mph or above rolling start. A 12 inch extended swingarm with a 45 plus tooth rear sprocket seems to be the smallest so that's why I'm not even going to try from a dead stop.

Thanks again for your help and congratulations!

Under your avatar it says you're going to be a dad.

Keep your head on a swivel and the rubber on the road...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts