Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
My R1 luvs me.
10 Posts
South Brevard a bunch of us ride we meet every Friday night at around 7:30 at the 7-11 at the corner of Dairy and Palm Bay Road. Sundays we meet around 10 am at the corner of Malabar and Jupiter at the Chevron. If you wanna join and need directions pm me. Its a decent size group anywhere from 8-20 at times.
Then theres always Merritt Island Extreme :ugh they meet at the Checkers on Merrit Island not sure what night went once was lame kinda like MI extreme.

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Spanky is also in Merrit island. And I'm in Orlando if you ever come over to steak n' shake.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
R1 Turner, I'm South of you in the Sebring, Lake Placid area. If you
ever make it down this way I can show you some fun twisties to
carve up.

·
Green Goblin
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yammiegirl said:
South Brevard a bunch of us ride we meet every Friday night at around 7:30 at the 7-11 at the corner of Dairy and Palm Bay Road. Sundays we meet around 10 am at the corner of Malabar and Jupiter at the Chevron. If you wanna join and need directions pm me. Its a decent size group anywhere from 8-20 at times.
Then theres always Merritt Island Extreme :ugh they meet at the Checkers on Merrit Island not sure what night went once was lame kinda like MI extreme.

checkers is lame...i went up there and they were damn near attacking me because my R1 was the first bike I've own (not riden) and then when I tried to see if anyone wanted some joe rocket jackets my father was selling this one guy who works at Champions honda made me feel like a ass, he was like "man I get that shit at cost"...yada yada yada. Then there was this one guy...I had the baddest R1 around i'll have the first 04 in this area...yada yada yada, bunch of ****ing losers. All I wanted to do was ride.

I'll see what I can do for fridays. I have to split my time between my girl, my car, and my bike...so it gets tough sometimes.

·
Green Goblin
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Skeeter said:
R1 Turner, I'm South of you in the Sebring, Lake Placid area. If you
ever make it down this way I can show you some fun twisties to
carve up.
twisties, in florida, where? hahaha I was just down (past) that way today getting some cams put in my car.

·
My R1 luvs me.
10 Posts
R1 Tuner said:
checkers is lame...i went up there and they were damn near attacking me because my R1 was the first bike I've own (not riden) and then when I tried to see if anyone wanted some joe rocket jackets my father was selling this one guy who works at Champions honda made me feel like a ass, he was like "man I get that shit at cost"...yada yada yada. Then there was this one guy...I had the baddest R1 around i'll have the first 04 in this area...yada yada yada, bunch of ****ing losers. All I wanted to do was ride.

I'll see what I can do for fridays. I have to split my time between my girl, my car, and my bike...so it gets tough sometimes.
Sounds like them. The night I went they were just standing around fighting with each other. Bring your girl along we have a few guys that their girls ride with them on Fridays. 419 is popular on Sundays has a few twisties on it and no popo usually.

·
Wheelie Junkie!
7,686 Posts
You can also keep your eye out for the south florida group rides that go on. We are planning another one in the near future. all sorts of peps meet up from all around florida throughout the ride and then just break off when we come back around to were they met up with the group at(usually we ride a few hundred miles).We stop to take group pics and for lunch etc etc.. Your welcome to bring along anyone with a bike also...

·
Green Goblin
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
prnstar123 said:
You can also keep your eye out for the south florida group rides that go on. We are planning another one in the near future. all sorts of peps meet up from all around florida throughout the ride and then just break off when we come back around to were they met up with the group at(usually we ride a few hundred miles).We stop to take group pics and for lunch etc etc.. Your welcome to bring along anyone with a bike also...
I have a few friends down in ft lauderdale for my car club and one keeps asking me to bring the bike down. I will actually be down there next saturday to dyno my car, but I've never ridden the bike for longer than an hour at one time...ft lauderdale is 2 1/2 hours travel with at the speed limit

·
Green Goblin
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good thing! I was reading one thread where a member said the r1 can't get past 156 because of drag...i had mine at 164 the other day. Anyhow, I don't do anything to make a cop come after me....on my bike anyhow.

·
My R1 is SCRUMPTRULESCENT!
1,620 Posts
R1 Tuner said:

Hey Tuner,

The guy who was talking smack about having the 1st 04 is Terry. There is a handfull of guys who are cool. The rest are questionable at best and thats why I only go once in a while. I usually ride every Sunday. Either go down to GDC or hook-up with the Palm Bay bubbas. PM me if you want to hook up. I would be going to Steak & Shake this Thursday but I'll be out-o-town.

·
Green Goblin
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Terry wasn't that bad, but my friend's brother Dave or Davie or something...has a Honda F2 he just got repainted with the most hideous body kit really thought he was bad shit. But anyhow....steak and shake is a long ride...I take it you are refering to orlando right? Where do you live. I could possibly head out there. I should have my ICON jacket by then.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts