Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Numbers never lie. I'm #77 :(
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads,

As per the road circuit schedule found below, there's a practice day on Sunday December 16th:

Broadford Schedule

For those who haven't been before, it's essentially $120 for the day and $15 for a one day license. :fact

Depending on the numbers which turn up, they essentially break the riders up into fast and slow (or if there isn't enough riders, it's just an open track all day). :bow

There's faaaaar more track time than what you get at PI, and no one telling you how close you can or cannot pass people (common sense applies). :yesnod

I know that Pete is keen on getting the 400 out for it's maiden ride, Duane and Jords have mentioned they're keen too. :flex:

I'm definitely in, and it'd be good to get a few more of the boys out there. :rock

There's plenty of run off, the surface is great (see the photos attached) ... don't let the whingers put you off. :bash

Who's in? :crash

Attachments

·
100% caffeine-driven
953 Posts
What kind of traffic is usually in the slow group? I'm keen but I'd definitely go slow and honestly I'd just end up getting intimidated if everyone in the slow group is....erm.... fast....!

·
Welcome to Lorenzo Land
81 Posts
If all goes to plan I will be attending :jump :)
I defineately will be in the slow group setting a new standard in slow track riding, so don't worry Adele, you won't be the slowest out there :crash

·
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of traffic is usually in the slow group? I'm keen but I'd definitely go slow and honestly I'd just end up getting intimidated if everyone in the slow group is....erm.... fast....!
If you're getting your knee down at PI you've got nothing to worry about ... there'll be people going far slower than you. :yesnod :fact

If all goes to plan I will be attending :jump :)
I defineately will be in the slow group setting a new standard in slow track riding, so don't worry Adele, you won't be the slowest out there :crash
The only thing you need to worry about is which bike you're going to bring, not whether or not you're coming. :sneaky :dundun:

I will be attending and providing my photographical services :)
No chance of getting the R1 back together by then? :dunno

·
JUST RIDE!
2,170 Posts
Who's in? :crash
They'd need an army at the gates to keep me away!:flex:

I will be attending and providing my photographical services :)
Most excellent!:thumbup Bring your cow suit and you can have a squirt on the Honda.;)

The only thing you need to worry about is which bike you're going to bring, not whether or not you're coming. :sneaky :dundun:
:fact

I'll be there!!!!!! :rock
:thumbup Heath give me a call when you get a chance,Ian has my number.

I'm there Gog.
:rock

Also ... imagine a track day where if it rains, you get your money back. Name another track other than Broady where that happens. :)
:whtfu: I didn't know that.:epimp

·
Formula400 Racing
133 Posts
They used to have a "rain cheque" system, if it rained out you could come back again for free, I asume this is what you are refering to? Or has something changed?

·
I ride my bike, not look at it
1,223 Posts
Might come down for a Cruz?:riding :dunno

Watch you Gents... give your bikes... a blast...:thumbup

·
training to be a cage fighter
2,001 Posts
i might come out of the shadows for a play... ive had some trouble with my knees so havent been able to stick the knee out for quite some time now... almost back at 100% now so this could be good time to pop the broady cherry... will it book out do you think?

can you buy tyres and get them fitted there? if not i will have to get a new set organised beforehand...

·
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i might come out of the shadows for a play... ive had some trouble with my knees so havent been able to stick the knee out for quite some time now... almost back at 100% now so this could be good time to pop the broady cherry... will it book out do you think?

can you buy tyres and get them fitted there? if not i will have to get a new set organised beforehand...
No way in hell it'll book out ... and you'll have to sort out your tyres before you get there. :yesnod

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.