Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
no refunds allowed
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I was alone, and was a friend that has a f4i so we headed out to the hill country around Austin around 1pm...

343 miles and about 20 degress lower in temp, I pulled in the garage with a big :D on my face... I was cold pretty much all day, but it wasn't unbearable. I got upstairs and started shaking, not shivers, but more like muscle spasms for a little while :eek:

Those stopped after about 20 min, but now every area on my body that was cold is now warm and ITCHES LIKE CRAZY :mad:

:blah :blah :blah

Anyone ever have this "itch" before ? :bash

·
R1 Newbie
15 Posts
my head icthes when i come inside the house after riding my pedal bike. Yea it was on a cold day. Something due to the temperature change maybe?:confused:

FuJi

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Same hear.. nothing to worry about ReyndoggYZF :D

But hey, 343 miles in 20F degrees? that's below freezing point right?

Maniac :lol

·
no refunds allowed
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swedie said:
Same hear.. nothing to worry about ReyndoggYZF :D

But hey, 343 miles in 20F degrees? that's below freezing point right?

Maniac :lol
nah, not 20F, sorry. I meant that the temp dropped 20 degrees (F) from 55 when I left down to 35 by the time I made it home...

Now I can't sleep because i freakin itch all over STILL :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Oh.. thought so :)

Put some kind of .. umh... treatment on that. Some kind of fat oil..

I just woke up to the sun shining over the white white white snow outside. It's all nice and beautiful... but really. I'd rather have the weather you got and be out with my bike and riding.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
For relief of that, just like maxprimal said, first a long warm shower, then after put a Hydrocortisone cream on it. In 1/2% strength. Use a small amount, putting a light "film" over the area. Once its absorbed, its invisible and you don't need to apply it again for several hours.
Hydrocortisone is available at any drugstore and will stop the itching immediately. Alot of skiiers use it for the same type of thing.

·
I Jigga high, I Jigga Lo
1,708 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of "Coldrideritis". Is is treatable as mentioned in the above reply. Be sure to use the forum as consultation to get you through it. There are a lot of snowed in R-1 riders that will be there for you. Just calm down, dont panic:eek: and hang in there.

Later! :D

·
no refunds allowed
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well today at work it turned into a horrible RASH all over me, so I went to my DR's office.. they wouldn't see me, so I went to the emergency room at the local hospital.

They gave me a steroid shot, a perscription, and that's it. The shot must have worked great. I got home, slept for about 6 hrs until my phone rang. The rash is almost all gone.. about 10% remains, but it is NO WHERE close to being as bad as it was earlier and best of all, it doesn't itch like crazy any more!! They said it looked more like an alergic reaction to them, but who knows.

Time to go to REI and get some better undergarmets so I can RIDE this weekend :machinegu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts