Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a crew of around 25 riders heading down to the Burt Munroe weekend in November.
Heading from nelson down coast road through punakiaki and then over arthurs pass to around ashburton on tuesday the 23rd, then carry on down to invercargill on the 24th.
Any one else thinking of heading down?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet Fella,:jump
I think i am the lone yamaha in our group, Got a real mixed bag going down, even got a harley and a guzzi griso tagging along:eek:,

Which day are you guys heading south?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That be the 24th, we are traveling down from around ashburton that day so will keep an eye out for you all.:scoots::scoots::scoots::scoots:

·
Keep it shiney side up
712 Posts
yea sounds like a plan, ill give ya a holler closer to the time and maybe catch up on the ride down gonna be another epic weekend, my mate who is the yamaha mechanic in chch is gonna be piloting an 09 yam in the street race down there and is extreemley rapid so will make for some great race viewing :boobies

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a good plan,
This will be my first Munroe so am looking forward to it.
Will have a wee warm up run labour weekend when we head to greymouth for the street races:jump

·
Keep it shiney side up
712 Posts
nice ill be at the Greymouth Street races too helping my mate in the pits so ill keep my eye out for ya, Burt Munroe is something else you'll be hooked once you've been

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just 0ne week out from grey street races, weather looking good for a dry ride down at this stage, 8 of us riding down from nelson on the saturday:scoots::scoots::scoots::scoots:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
...any pictures to keep those of us (me) without a bike (in) sane?
Heres some of the crew who rode down and back, 2500kms, and some of the worlds fastest indian, waiting for more photos to be sent to me so will add as they come through, Fine weather all the way down and back, had a run on teretonga track, what a blast, was one hell of a weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More pics

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
3 Participants
bardman
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing