Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I are looking to buy some new R1's - 3 or 4 of them to be exact. We truly HATE the dealers in my area - Aside from the TOTALLY incompetent mechanics, thier "New York Area" pricing is what I would call criminal.

We would be willing to travel a short distance for a dealer with a good rep and even better customer service. Good prices wouldn't hurt either...

Please let me know where in the NY/NJ/PA area (maybe even a little further if the price is right) you guys recommend.

Thanks,

MJB

P.S> After I get the new R1, I'll be selling my '03 Blk/Flames if anyone is interested. Totally stock with the exception of CustomLED.com taillight...NOT A SCRATCH - NEVER seen water.

·
585 Posts
I wish I could help you out. I purchased my '04 from Wheelaway in Fulton, NY, just north of Syracuse. I put a down payment on my bike in sept '03 and the salesman said he would work with me on the price. When the time came he didn't do squat for me and charged me full everything, paid $11,450. Had I known that I would have just purchased the bike from dealer in Syracuse that is notorious for charging list and saved myself the hour drive north.
Good Luck

·
Registered
334 Posts
GRH said:
I wish I could help you out. I purchased my '04 from Wheelaway in Fulton, NY, just north of Syracuse. I put a down payment on my bike in sept '03 and the salesman said he would work with me on the price. When the time came he didn't do squat for me and charged me full everything, paid $11,450. Had I known that I would have just purchased the bike from dealer in Syracuse that is notorious for charging list and saved myself the hour drive north.
Good Luck
My dealer in longIsland is doin the same thing. I put a down payment for 10 k and now I dont have a bike bc their selling them for over 11k. They are scumbags in fulton, a friend try to buy a dirtbike and a snowmobile and they told him they wouldnt drop the price at all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Purchased mine at Chenango Import Motors in Yorkville. Thats in the Utica / Central NY area. I paid 10437 OTD. PM me if you want me to get you in touch with the head salesman. If you are putting down for 3 bikes I am sure he will work with you. I know him pretty well and he's a good honest salesman.

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,718 Posts
Fast Forward Motorsports Upstate NY is great with pricing. I bought my 02 (the first silver to arrive) in March of 02 for cheap

·
Life begins at 140
91 Posts
My dealer might be a haul, but the customer service is well worth it. They are located about 25 minutes east of Hartford CT in a small town called Columbia.

·
No Need for a Title
3,768 Posts
try Andrews in Salem OH, prices are good customer service is ok not great, thats where I and a few of us got ours, if you need any info shoot me a PM and I'll hook ya up

·
Registered
8 Posts
You might try Cycle Word in Cherry Hill, NJ. They're a big dealership and they seem pretty down-to-earth. Right on Rt. 70 heading towards Philadelphia. They've always got a ton of new bikes on the showroom floor.
I hate cocky dealers, too! Of course many times, it's the guys behind the parts counter that think they're king shit..but I"ll tell ya...they ain't jack, man. If they come across with an attitude to me..I go get the owner and say F%#k you..you just lost a sale. Then I tell them that the cocky mother f'er behind the counter is what lost his sale. Don't tolerate it, dude..you're the one with the money..you're in charge. Too bad we can't just buy these bikes straight from the factory and save about $3,000, instead of dealing with these asshole pukes with tough-guy attitudes. (like I don't need your money, I could care less if you bought a bike)..it's sad, I've been to many dealers and I only know of like 1 or 2 that are down to earth and half-way honest.
Good luck with your R1 purchase.

·
Banned
494 Posts
if you got the custon led tail light what the hell are those big ugly blinker and mudflap thing on there. btw it look very good tho.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
R1rocket said:
if you got the custon led tail light what the hell are those big ugly blinker and mudflap thing on there. btw it look very good tho.

Haha...That picture was taken the day after I got the bike. CustomLED tail went on about a month or two later. (I thought someone would catch that. You guys didn't let me down)

Thanks for all the responses...I'll let you know what they do for us.

MJB

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rooster62181 said:
columbia motorsports in columbia CT. $10,200 OTD ask for Scott he is the sales manager
really? 2 of my buddies bought bikes there and we're all going back to get the 04's this year..Scott quoted me $10.1 and I doubt it's OTD :dunno

·
Registered
296 Posts
MarcinR said:
really? 2 of my buddies bought bikes there and we're all going back to get the 04's this year..Scott quoted me $10.1 and I doubt it's OTD :dunno
Technically, mines not OTD, I am not paying CT sales tax as I live in MA so my $10,200 price is before tax.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts