Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oke, here is my problem. i ride a 96 katana and its purple... i am need of a better bike with more power. i understand that this is r1 forum but its cool. objectively speaking, i would like to spend around 5 but up 7 g. i am considering a gsxr 750, r6, r1, or cbr 929rr. i have been riding for about 4 months now, so would i be able to handle the added power output of a higher class sport bike such as the r1 and 929, without eating shit and dropping it the first day. any comments are greatly apprecieated. :music487

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
Welcome.. and you can get a really nice 03 R6 slightly used for under 7k. ... a good bike to transition into for the Kat....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah, Buy the R1, have all your friends buy an extremley large insurance policy, a good helmet and vanson leathers, and ummmm a plot at the nearest cemetary. If anything is left of the R1 you buy, maybe you can have them put the tuning fork symbol on your headstone. Your jump from the Kat is a mighty one....

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, but at the same time i have never ridden anything other then my trusty aging 600. how much different is it?

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
a lot.... go with the 03 R6.. it's a whole lotta bike.. I'm buying one next year :fact

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is the difference in the years? how much horse power did they add for 03?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The R1 is a weapon. It is controllable, predictable and in some cases forgiving... From the Kat to the R1 is a jumpI wouldn't reccomend to someone inexperienced. I've ridden my entire life and I bought my 1st R1 in 00'

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
about 10-15 hp (100-105)... even if it put out less that the 02's.. I'd snap up a 03 just cause the fi is the shit :fact

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,226 Posts
SpidermanSS said:
Welcome.. and you can get a really nice 03 R6 slightly used for under 7k. ... a good bike to transition into for the Kat....
I agree totally...the R6 is a very user friendly bike...handles great, power is good, but not as demanding as the R1....plus it feels really small compared to the ONE....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts