Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Here kitty kitty
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get me wrong, 04 R1 is going to be sweet

but, if you have not ridden a Duc with full Ohlins, you don't know how good your suspension can be.

With almost as much horsepower as my 02 R1 and more torque, I don't think I'm going to be missing out ;)

·
R1 - all others bow down !!!!
937 Posts
Nice, hope you have a heavy wallet for all of the maintenance that is involved with a Duc. I had a 748 and sold it because of the maintenance issues. Good luck and you will be back to the R1.

Jim

·
Here kitty kitty
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As you can see, I have had a Duc before. I didn't have any issues with my 748s in the almost 3 years that I had it and I did not baby it at all so I'm not too concerned about it.

If I can afford the bike I'm not too worried about maintenance

As for owning another R1, maybe, I'm more inclined to buy an R6 for doing wheelies and screwing around on

·
ALL THIS MODS GETS ME BROKE:(
3,318 Posts
Finally a pic.:jump
Sweet bike man Congrats and don't forget the forum.:beer

BTW thanks for the sweet sale:bow

·
Here kitty kitty
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man, I have not heard about the sub frame thing, but since it is a solo tail I can't imagine how I could break it. I will def. look into that though

·
Registered
100 Posts
Rode one of those last month. Damn, is that tank narrow!! And the seat, hard as a rock!! The power just wasnt as clean and seamless as my 99 R1, though (I was riding the 999s, dont know how the R compares). I think I would rather buy an SV1000 and put Ohlins on it to get that Ohlins ride on a v-twin. I would have a whole lot of cash left over to do just about anything else, compared to the cost of the Duc.

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
bastard :(

btw... Just so you guys know... We kicked him outta the Wolfpack.. No R1 ya gotta go.. :fact :lol :D

·
Here kitty kitty
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You need to study a little more. My R1 was putting out 142 and the Duc will be putting out just shy of 139

Remember, I said almost

1 - 20 of 20 Posts