Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a ZXR rider in Glendale going north on Brand Blvd near Lexington with no helmet. He also had a female passenger with no helmet. No BS. I saw him clearly for a good 2 seconds. What gives? Did they repeal the helmet law?

On the same topic: How many of you would ride without a helmet if it wasn't the law? Not many, I think.

·
Professional retired guy
2,187 Posts
There is a bill waiting to pass here in Cali that would give motorcyclists over the age of 18 the option to go without a helmet, the catch is that they automaticly become organ donars.

As for me; GEAR NAZIS, UNITE!

·
Registered
19 Posts
No helmet law in Montana and I wear helmet and jacket minimum every ride. Bugs tast like shit. really they do!

·
Il Padrino
1,995 Posts
I lived in NH for a year where there is no helmet law. I went helmet-less about 25% of the time, usually if I was just going down the road or if I was taking a casual cruise through some of the hilly areas. I lived in Northern NH in the ski resort areas. During the summer the entire Northern 1/2 of the state is deserted, so I'd pass all of 5 cars all day.

Here in SoCal if there was no helmet law I would where it all the time. Far too much traffic here. Unless I was goofing around on a deserted road (ya, I can be a squid sometimes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts