1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4,347 Posts

·
4,347 Posts

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
Is it in need of additional cooling while on a desk, or is this while it's on your lap? I've never had a cooling issue with a laptop while on a flat surface. :dunno

·
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeap, on a wooden lacquered desk. 17in MacBrook Pro. She tends to get a little warm on the bottom and breathes pretty hard.

·
My R1 thinks she's a Twin
847 Posts

·
11,738 Posts
Did you ever find a stand you liked? Those gel pad ones work for a while but once they heat up and melt they stop absorbing so if you use them for more than a few hours they are no good.

·
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sure didn’t man. More so due to me being too darn busy to even check out all the recommendations you fella’s have given me. I need to go ahead and hunker down this weekend and settle on one though. :fact

·
11,738 Posts
I've noticed my MBP gets hot if I'm really using the processor so I got a cheap Ebay laptop stand with a USB fan on it. I just turn the fan on when I need it and it cools it down pretty fast. If you get one with a fan make sure it blows on the MBP not sucks the air away from. Those kind aren't as effective.

·
11,738 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
MANOWAR
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing