Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody tell me wut an error code 19 means?
my bike died on me today. i was parked in neutral when we pulled over for a break. once i started the bike up again and kicked up the kickstand my r1 turned off. so i tried startin it again ...wouldnt start. after a few tries with some we got it to start again...only to have it die again, with no warning, on da street while stopped at a light. after 3 tries i got it to run again only to have it die on me again. it kept doing this until finally it wouldnt start anymore and i was left with errror code 19...anyone got some advice?

·
Who says a r1 is the underdog?
101 Posts
I have no clue, but call a Yamaha Dealership near you and ask them, they can tell you the whole deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha its all good. i found out wut da error code means...juss need to do soemthing about it now.
damn dis sucks...i juss got back on my own bike and ended up sittin outside of TMS for most of the day wit my bike.

thanks tho. d=P

·
r1beastfromthee
7 Posts
error code 19 problem too

i have a 02 r1 and the bike did the samething what was the problem that cause it to throw the error code 19 where you able to solve the problem.could you help me

·
R1.. The fast kind
873 Posts
I know this is a little bit late but just for the record :)
Code 19 refers to: Open circuit, side stand switch, in other words, either the sidestand switch is broken or some cable connection or cable from it is loose or cut off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having this same problem on my 2003 R6 and wanted to see if anyone had to replace the ECU? A little bit ago my bike was stolen and I got it back with a broken ignition switch. I replaced the switch and thought I was gold, but when I went to start it the same error code 19 popped up in the odometer location. I checked the side stand switch and the wires are fine. I unplugged the switch and tried to close the circuit with a jumper wire too, but the error was still there. I've checked all of the connections and they are tight. Did you just have to replace the side stand switch or did you have to replace the ECU? Or something else? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My R1 is displaying the error code 19 and the fuel light blinks 8 times pauses then blinks 8 times and continues like that. I have had other problems with my R1's wiring in the past due to corrosion etc. I have had to replace or jumper over certain wires in the harness due to connection degradation. I would be very interested in any other information in this matter. I am looking into getting the very pricey harness but, I don't want to do that and then have to buy the ECU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi im getting error code 48 on my 2005 r1 the code states its the air selonoid valve but i have replaced this and checkd all the wireing connections please help

·
R1.. The fast kind
873 Posts
The diagnostic code 48 refer to the AIS.
The error code 48 is "Sub-throttle motor is stuck"

hi im getting error code 48 on my 2005 r1 the code states its the air selonoid valve but i have replaced this and checkd all the wireing connections please help

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi thanks for that where is this located? can it be fixed? iv done the self dianosic test but its still no change the bike runs and rides verry well still thanks for the reply tom

·
R1.. The fast kind
873 Posts
The sub-throttle is located in the throttle bodie which is located beneath the airfilter box.

If something is wrong with the Sub-throttle it would be rated severe and i don't think you even would be able to start the engine(?)

Perhapps it's enough to reset the fault code memory?

hi thanks for that where is this located? can it be fixed? iv done the self dianosic test but its still no change the bike runs and rides verry well still thanks for the reply tom

Attachments

·
I pretend my R1 is Rossi
195 Posts
So is code 19 just a loose connection on the sidestand? I like that a lot more than replacing the ecu. Help!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have Error Code 19 on my bike. It is intermittent, but when I have it, the bike cuts off and will not start.

The manual gives the following information fault code 19 on a 2004 - 2006 R1:

Item – Sidestand switch (open circuit in wire to ECU)

Symptom – Open circuit in the input line of ECU No. 15 Terminal is detected when the start switch is pressed

Fail-safe action – --(No start)

Able/unable to start – Unable

Able/unable to drive – Unable

Furthermore, the diagnostic fault code table (error codes that the bike shows you when you switch to diagnostic mode) gives alternate explanations for diagnostic codes related to fault code 19

Diagnostic code

Probably cause of malfunction
• Open circuit in wiring harness (ECU Coupler)
• Malfunction in ECU

What this means is that Fault code 19 could either be
-A faulty sidestand switch
-A break in the wire going to the sidestand switch (the wire itself or a bad connection/connector on the harness)
-Faulty ECU

I have read a few posts where people said that improving the wiring around the ignition helped alleviate this problem.

I would start with the sidestand switch and go from there. It is behind the chunk of metal that acts as the fulcrum for the kick stand. Two bolts hold it on, and it has a metal shield.

You will need a size 3 hex wrench and 8mm hex socket to remove it. Putting the bike on a rear stand will make it easier.
-A break

·
R1.. The fast kind
873 Posts
I have Error Code 19 on my bike. It is intermittent, but when I have it, the bike cuts off and will not start.

The manual gives the following information fault code 19 on a 2004 - 2006 R1.....
Dial in to Diagcode 20, put the side stand up and down and watch the display where the status should switch between 0 and 1.
Do this repeatedly, if the status misses then it's probably something wrong with the side stand switch.
Put the side stand in the position where the display show 1 and pull the wires coming out of the switch and up beneath the gastank, watch the display.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts