Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
those who cant do teach...
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the best way of getting my '02 2 turn quicker ? is there a way of icreasing the rear ride height with the standard shock ? or should i just drop the forks ??

would icreasing rear preload make a diff. ?? i have been reading up alot on suspension setup soa little extra input would b appreciated . :rock

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
zaheer said:
what the best way of getting my '02 2 turn quicker ? is there a way of icreasing the rear ride height with the standard shock ? or should i just drop the forks ??

Just the exact opposite, you would raise the forks, not drop them. And you should really only use preload to set the sag correctly, and not use it as a substitute ride height adjustment.

·
Kerry F*kin King!
344 Posts
Putting a 5mm or more shim above the rear shock top mount will speed things up without any of the ground clearance issues that pulling the forks through may cause.

·
04 R1 parts for sale
1,594 Posts
SHim the rear and let the forks slip up through the clamps a little. And it will ride like a champion. Do you have a steering dampener? You might want to if you do this. Not that bad, but more prone to become a tank slapper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts