Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
get what, get back
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a speeding ticket for doing 58 in a 40.

It's my first ticket in about 14 months, but it's my 6th in the last 3 years.

A coworker was telling me there are lawfirms that will get you out of the ticket through some loophole or something. Have any of you done something like that?

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
take the might out of it

·
I hate the rain
278 Posts
My lawyer gets me out of everything. I get a ticket, I take it to him with $50 and bye bye everything.

Look in the phone book for a lawyer that handles that kind of stuff and your set. As long as you don;t get a felony ticket there are never any problems.

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
does it still affect your insurance rates if you use a lawyer, or is it only having to pay the ticket itself that is eliminated? :dunno

·
I hate the rain
278 Posts
MegatronR1 said:
does it still affect your insurance rates if you use a lawyer, or is it only having to pay the ticket itself that is eliminated? :dunno
Yes and no. A lawyer will take care of you not getting points which will eventually end you with no license. He keeps you out of court and out of school. The school thing can happen if you get say to many tickets and the judge recognizes your name from seeing your lawyer to many times, this is what happened to a friend of mine recently. 27 tickets in less than a yr and now he has to goto school. As for your insurance company if you don;t tell them there is no foul. However, if you give them a reason to search your record (eq. accident, felony evasion in a vehicle, stuff like this) then they will see you have been pulled over and then it is up to them if they raise there rates. My buddy mentioned above even though with 27 tickets, loss of license 2x's over the last yr, his insurance co doesn't know and his rates are the same. He just went in to change his policy and they still did not search his record. They have to be told or be shown your record.

·
perpetual 15 minute break...
319 Posts
:scared Your buddy is crazy... that's a ticket every other week!!!

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
GodMan said:
Yes and no. A lawyer will take care of you not getting points which will eventually end you with no license. He keeps you out of court and out of school. The school thing can happen if you get say to many tickets and the judge recognizes your name from seeing your lawyer to many times, this is what happened to a friend of mine recently. 27 tickets in less than a yr and now he has to goto school. As for your insurance company if you don;t tell them there is no foul. However, if you give them a reason to search your record (eq. accident, felony evasion in a vehicle, stuff like this) then they will see you have been pulled over and then it is up to them if they raise there rates. My buddy mentioned above even though with 27 tickets, loss of license 2x's over the last yr, his insurance co doesn't know and his rates are the same. He just went in to change his policy and they still did not search his record. They have to be told or be shown your record.
well that's good to know given how unlucky I am with the cops.. if my ticket is costly enough next time, I will have to give a lawyer a try.. thanks for the info :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts