Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 R1 exhaust. Of all the exhausts I have seen, I am leaning towards Micron (love the sound), Two Brothers (love the look), or the Ti-Force (hear they are good quality, decent look, I dont know anything about the sound). I am going with a Slip-on, and my main objectives are sound and look. The bike already has plaenty of power. Please tell me what you think of each pipe. Help me out guys!! Thanks.

Micron: 1
2 Bro: 1
Ti-Force: 0

·
Registered
446 Posts
I like the Yoshi to tell you the truth.. The tri cans look sweet in titanium... But I think yosh pipes are usauly pretty soft when it comes to sound.. I had a micron on my 02 R1 and it sounded :boobies .... I was really happy with it..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I think the Titanium Yosh looks pretty good, but I had one on my R6 and it justnt didnt have the sound I am lloking for. Thanks though!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Rooster62181 said:
yeah, I think the Titanium Yosh looks pretty good, but I had one on my R6 and it justnt didnt have the sound I am lloking for. Thanks though!
The best sound I have heard...(I haven't heard all pipes) was with micron.. An r6 with a micron slip-on sounds like a friggin f1 car..I love the sound of a micron slip-of on a R1 too.. It a real throaty sound...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R71SBK32 said:
TRI-OVAL YOSH DUDE or if not the 2BROS.
BOTH ARE PRETTY SIC THOUGH I'DE GO FOR THE YOSH 1ST
CHEERS
:beer
Can you give me any insight to what the 2 Bros may sound like?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rooster62181 said:
Can you give me any insight to what the 2 Bros may sound like?
Honestly DUde... I dont know what the 2 BROS sounds like. I just like the looks of it... they seem to have that stealthiness to it. LOOKS VERY SIC and I'm pretty sure they sound ILL too.
Resson on why I suggeshted the TRIOVALS YOSH CARBOBN FIBER is that I had it on my R6 and my 01 R1 they sound STELLAR.. its got that deep mufled howling sound to em... your notice the differences from steel, titanium and Carbon FIBER:fact

here's a link to the dyno graphs from another post :rock

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72145&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

Hope ya get the right one form ya man..
CHEERS

:beer :beer

:beer :beer :beer :beer

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
Rooster62181 said:
2004 R1 exhaust. Of all the exhausts I have seen, I am leaning towards Micron (love the sound)
Are you saying you've heard the '04 R1 with Micron? Or basing it on past Micron exhaust sound?

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
I like the Two-Bro's end-caps, but I hate their X-patern carbon look. If you're going to get the Two-Bro, I say just get the polish aluminum, plus you'll save money too. However, I heard a lot of bad comments about their quality and finishing.

Micron, hmm, don't like that much. Ti-Force, VERY nice, but I don't think they'll have the slip-on yet.

Honestly, for slip-on, my favorite so far are still the Akro or the GYT-R... :fact Both of these has excellent built quality. :yesnod

Check out these GYT-R:

Attachments

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,485 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the Yosh. The Yosh systems may not be as loud as the others (I've had Yosh on my R1 and R6), but imagine what it'll sound like with TWO on the '04R1! :rock From what I hear, the dual exhaust makes the stock pipes on the R1 sound good!

Two brothers quality, in my opinion, is supsect. It seems that after a year or two of use, they start to look dull and old. (maybe it's just me) However, they sound NICE!!

Or, another option is the GYT-R exhausts from Yamaha. They look :boobies

·
No, you can't ride it
603 Posts
Based on what you want: sound and looks, I'd get the 2Bros. I have a Graves for my 04 and looked at a guys Micron he ordered for his 04. He got the carbon fiber cans, looked OK. I personally don't like the way the sit on the bike, doesn't flow with the tail. If the cans were set at an angle to go with the lines of the bike it would look a lot better. And the tips pointing downward looked kinda wierd, IMO. The Micron slip-ons don't go down as far as my Graves does. The Microns just go down to the heat shield and DON"T replace the cat. You can order this this pipe to replace the cat for another $175. My Graves came with this pipe to replace the cat pipe. Also the Graves is much better quality wise. The Micron had these 2 huge claps to hold each pipe that weighed almost as much as the connecting pipe.:ugh

·
Registered
782 Posts
You might want to reconsider your objectives once the dyno figures for the pipes become available. I think that we will see some pipes that will substantially increase the torque and smooth the HP curve. This may make the bike much more manageable AND a little more powerful!

·
Not fast! Just smooth!!
597 Posts
Go with yosh!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts