Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Action figure sold separately
Joined
·
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is weird. I have 2 04s, one is a street bike, the other a track bike. Following the shift light brightness/activation/deactivation etc functions, the track bike instrument panel responds as it should, but the street bike does not. With the key in the "off" position, I press and hold "Select", then turn the key to the "on" position. Within about 5 seconds, the tach/shift light brightness display mode appears on one bike but not the other. Anyone else run into this kind of problem or have a solution? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
People have posted before saying sometimes the buttons arn't getting pressed together. First off does the temp display read HI when you have the buttons down, if not both buttons arn't pressed.
 

·
Action figure sold separately
Joined
·
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You only press one, not together, with the key off, and then turn the key on. It's all explained above. The strange thing is that the "select" button works for other functions.
 

·
Yamama R1
Joined
·
766 Posts
After the light brightness display mode appears on your bike did you press the "select" button to confirm the selected brightness level?The control mode changes to the shift timing light activity function after that...
 

·
Booya
Joined
·
34,490 Posts
sharknose said:
After the light brightness display mode appears on your bike did you press the "select" button to confirm the selected brightness level?The control mode changes to the shift timing light activity function after that...
I think he's saying it won't even enter the control mode.
 

·
Action figure sold separately
Joined
·
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sabian said:
I think he's saying it won't even enter the control mode.
That's the problem.
 

·
Action figure sold separately
Joined
·
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I can break out of a Sunday lazy stupor, I could try temporarily swapping the onstrument panels between the two bikes and see if I can verify that it's not working correctly on either.
 

·
Booya
Joined
·
34,490 Posts
Eyespy said:
If I can break out of a Sunday lazy stupor, I could try temporarily swapping the onstrument panels between the two bikes and see if I can verify that it's not working correctly on either.
That thought just popped into my head when I clicked the link to the thread again....but that's a lot of work on Football sunday...:beer
 

·
Action figure sold separately
Joined
·
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sabian said:
That thought just popped into my head when I clicked the link to the thread again....but that's a lot of work on Football sunday...:beer
You're talking me out of it. I guess I can cover the shift light with some tape! :beer
 

·
Booya
Joined
·
34,490 Posts
Eyespy said:
You're talking me out of it. I guess I can cover the shift light with some tape! :beer
Well...there is always monday. I hate mondays and if I can't ride after work, I usually like ot work on it, or at least clean it up. Relax's me after a shitty day at work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Eyespy said:
You only press one, not together, with the key off, and then turn the key on. It's all explained above. The strange thing is that the "select" button works for other functions.
LOL YOUR RIGHT I dont know what i was thinking... been running low on sleep lately so maybe thats it... sorry about Opening mouth and inserting foot into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,387 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top