Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Yamaha R1S wheelie issues ??
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm not sure how to start a new thread ?? Hey guys I purchased a new 16' R1S and finally I'm over the 1000 miles break in period. I see everyone on here saying they can't keep the front end down on the R1 but my issue is I can't get the damn front wheel up. one time i actually did in second gear by flogging the clutch but jeesh it should be easier than that. My settings are as follows : Mode A Power 1 TCS 1 and LIF is off too what am I doing wrong ? There can't be that much difference in power vs the regular R1 that I can't wheelie this thing easier can there ? had an 02' R1 and she'd come up all day long... Please Help

·
O Rly? O.O
822 Posts
2016 Yamaha R1S wheelie issues ??
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm not sure how to start a new thread ?? Hey guys I purchased a new 16' R1S and finally I'm over the 1000 miles break in period. I see everyone on here saying they can't keep the front end down on the R1 but my issue is I can't get the damn front wheel up. one time i actually did in second gear by flogging the clutch but jeesh it should be easier than that. My settings are as follows : Mode A Power 1 TCS 1 and LIF is off too what am I doing wrong ? There can't be that much difference in power vs the regular R1 that I can't wheelie this thing easier can there ? had an 02' R1 and she'd come up all day long... Please Help
TCS will affect the wheelie. Turn it completely off and it in turn will also turn off LIF if it isnt already off.

I have my A mode set with everything on 1. When I want to play around, I simply toggle over to TCS and hold the down button which turns TCS/LIF off at the same time.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,328 Posts
There is none front end light like the 02/03 r1 yamaha has moved everything forward to help keep the front end down. Makes ya able to put much more power to the ground.

·
O Rly? O.O
822 Posts
There is none front end light like the 02/03 r1 yamaha has moved everything forward to help keep the front end down. Makes ya able to put much more power to the ground.
I can assure you.. the bike will come up in second with no hesitation without using the clutch, even before it's flashed.
The weight may help but after a flash with TCS and LIF turned off the bike does not stay down through 3rd gear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried turning TCS off completely but I think i can only go down as far as 1 not completely off ill doublele check tho thanks fro the reply

·
O Rly? O.O
822 Posts
I tried turning TCS off completely but I think i can only go down as far as 1 not completely off ill doublele check tho thanks fro the reply
You have to turn it down but when you reach one you need to hold the "down" button and it will turn off completely

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to turn it down but when you reach one you need to hold the "down" button and it will turn off completely
WOW talk about R1 101 for dummies. I couldn't find anywhere in the manual that shows you how to shut TCS completely off. Thank you so much man I finally did it. Its showing TCSOFF now much appreciated.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,328 Posts
Wheely time. lol I'm loving my 04 top end rush is amazing and it loves to bring that front wheel up. But it's different than my 02. The 02 had just a super light feeling front end combined with way different gearing. In first gear you could just throttle up at any rpm. Which I'm sure any r1 with that same hearing would probably do the same. My 04 first gear is so much higher where once the power comes on your already flying and that front still comes up. It's amazing I so love it.

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
Wheely time. lol I'm loving my 04 top end rush is amazing and it loves to bring that front wheel up. But it's different than my 02. The 02 had just a super light feeling front end combined with way different gearing. In first gear you could just throttle up at any rpm. Which I'm sure any r1 with that same hearing would probably do the same. My 04 first gear is so much higher where once the power comes on your already flying and that front still comes up. It's amazing I so love it.
No doubt the 02 I had came up fast and early but the 06 comes up about the same but as you said, due to gearing you're just going faster when it happens. Since I went -1 +2 in now comes up early in 1st 2nd and 3rd.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,328 Posts
Buy a 99 if you want to wheelie!

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk
I know I rode the 99 and it was a wheely monster too but the 02 was about the same only added fuel injection making it pull up even easier than the 98-01. I'm a heavy rider so it really helps keep that front wheel down and that was not possible on the 02 r1 by any means. Plus I was 2 up on the rear making it even more peppy. I would pop up in 3rd at 85 mph by simply giving a small hop on the pegs and twisting the throttle. Such a wheely monster. I can tell my 04 makes more power by far but it's much more useable. I'd probably have to be in second to hop it up at 85 not sure I've not tried it yet being she's still being babied through the 1000 mile break in which is now complete. I have mass power at any rpm above 5/6,000 then above 7 she becomes a rocket. I so love the super aggressive power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Jaketheone46
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing