Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Whats this thing do?
18 Posts
Would I have the same setup on my 04? Or was that setup changed when they did the body style change?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
'04 has it too

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I to have an 03' R1 and have been riding wheelies my whole life! That being said this is the newest bike I've ever owned! It had some issues when I bought it w/4k miles! Ex up was one of them!!! Also it had a terrible dead spot between 4&5grand!!! I have done some major work to make it more comfortable to ride Long distance! So long story short for wheelies I found that unlike my previous bikes this 1liter likes to take a big breath before it will do anything below 5000rpm I personally flipped mine trying to pull it up at 3300rpm or about 34mph in second! I did every thing right but by the time the bike caught up with what I was telling it to do it kinda hyper reacted and came up so fast That it actually left the ground strait up which would have been fine except that while it was off the ground it gyrated to the right 3-4" and when it contacted the ground again It was no longer tracking properly so I had no choice but to let her go :( !!! It's all good tho she's all back together better than ever! So ya might try starting at 46mph in second clutch in rapp it way north say 8-10k and your back to normal ! As for ex up pull it all apart clean it all up and reinstall with plenty of hi temp anti seize and u should be good to go! As for dead spot I superglued some velocity stacks out of a snowmobile airbox to the center two intake holes fixed the issue completely 0-redline smooooth!!! Hope this helps!!!! Moral to the story try to keep at least one of em on the ground!!!
Later, zl936c

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
21 Participants
zl936c
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing