Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would love to earn some new subscribers. I know it's a little dangerous what we did, but at least we were away from civilization. plus we really know these roads well, and it's the only place we like to "street ride"...if you enjoyed, let me know! love you all my moto fam! ride safe!

Attachments

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
You know, you are better off on here telling people you don't care that you don't ride safely than trying to explain how its "not that" dangerous..... People on this forum will chew that s*** up and spit it at you.

Just do you! I'll watch good videos, I don't care how your riding.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,347 Posts
Headlights what?? Looked to me like ya blew the corner and he went by.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, you are better off on here telling people you don't care that you don't ride safely than trying to explain how its "not that" dangerous..... People on this forum will chew that s*** up and spit it at you.

Just do you! I'll watch good videos, I don't care how your riding.

you're right!! thanks man! appreciate the feedback! efff you safety police! :laugh:

·
2016 R1
228 Posts
Just outside of tacoma wa man! You from the area?

I lived in Issaquah for 3 years when I got out of the Army. I live in Los Angeles now but when I lived there my buddies and I would regularly ride Highway 7 and hit up 504 to the St. Hellen’s observatory. The best riding I’ve ever experienced has been in the PNW, I love it up there and can’t wait to move back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just outside of tacoma wa man! You from the area?

I lived in Issaquah for 3 years when I got out of the Army. I live in Los Angeles now but when I lived there my buddies and I would regularly ride Highway 7 and hit up 504 to the St. Hellen’s observatory. The best riding I’ve ever experienced has been in the PNW, I love it up there and can’t wait to move back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha! Yup! This is alder lake area! Highway 7 is our mulholland. LA is better though IMO..cali people are way more laid back. But im the same - army brought me here. I ended up staying though. Im only 30mins from this section of highway 7, so i ride it all the time.

·
2016 R1
228 Posts
Haha! Yup! This is alder lake area! Highway 7 is our mulholland. LA is better though IMO..cali people are way more laid back. But im the same - army brought me here. I ended up staying though. Im only 30mins from this section of highway 7, so i ride it all the time.
Highway 7 is much better than Mulholland in my opinion. Mulholand is so tight there is no reason to take an R1 out of first gear. 504 is still by far my favorite road. If you haven't done that ride yet, do it, you will thank me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Highway 7 is much better than Mulholland in my opinion. Mulholand is so tight there is no reason to take an R1 out of first gear. 504 is still by far my favorite road. If you haven't done that ride yet, do it, you will thank me.
Yeah man! I’ve been to mulholland in a car, it sucks compared to 7...tahoe is dope if you ever get a chance, not much highspeed shit, but the views are nice. Me and my buddy planed to go ride in socal, but fires, so we ended up in tahoe instead. I’ll google 504. Anywhere in particular?

·
2016 R1
228 Posts
Yeah man! I’ve been to mulholland in a car, it sucks compared to 7...tahoe is dope if you ever get a chance, not much highspeed shit, but the views are nice. Me and my buddy planed to go ride in socal, but fires, so we ended up in tahoe instead. I’ll google 504. Anywhere in particular?
Angeles Crest Highway is so much better than Mullholland. It is where most of the bigger bikes go.

Google Johnston Ridge Observatory. It is the observatory for Mt. St. Helens, there is only one road up and down to get there, that is Highway 504. It is a bit of a ride to get out there so I suggest making a day trip out of it on the weekend but I garuntee you will do it over and over once you see it. It is a good 45 minutes from bottom to top of very wide road, long sweeping turns, perfect pavement and incredible views. Once you do it a couple times and know the road, you can easily stay over 100 mph through most of the turns, except for a couple that are a little more tight but legitimately I believe there are only like 2 of them where you need to really get on the brakes. Plus when you get up to the top you can go up to the observatory and the view of the mountain is incredible.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Angeles Crest Highway is so much better than Mullholland. It is where most of the bigger bikes go.

Google Johnston Ridge Observatory. It is the observatory for Mt. St. Helens, there is only one road up and down to get there, that is Highway 504. It is a bit of a ride to get out there so I suggest making a day trip out of it on the weekend but I garuntee you will do it over and over once you see it. It is a good 45 minutes from bottom to top of very wide road, long sweeping turns, perfect pavement and incredible views. Once you do it a couple times and know the road, you can easily stay over 100 mph through most of the turns, except for a couple that are a little more tight but legitimately I believe there are only like 2 of them where you need to really get on the brakes. Plus when you get up to the top you can go up to the observatory and the view of the mountain is incredible.
OOOOOOH ok..I know where you're talking about now. there's a fb group out here that does a ride there and they camp there every year. the pics I saw looked dope!

·
Mad Thou Rider
2,743 Posts
I enjoy these videos a lot more when the rider can stay in their own lane.

Don't get me wrong, Im a hoon and I didnt buy an R1 to cruise around under every speed limit, so Im not criticizing the speed - but leaving your lane on a corner is a sign you're going too fast for your ability.

Bike does sound good though, what pipes you got on it?

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,261 Posts
agreed with above.. weather you know the roads or not, op you're all over the place mang.. :no

Reactions: TheoreticalApex

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I enjoy these videos a lot more when the rider can stay in their own lane.

Don't get me wrong, Im a hoon and I didnt buy an R1 to cruise around under every speed limit, so Im not criticizing the speed - but leaving your lane on a corner is a sign you're going too fast for your ability.

Bike does sound good though, what pipes you got on it?
Graves man! And yeah, no worries, just us pushing it a little bit at the end of the day - for youtube ? we don’t really street ride unless it’s in the canyons. And this road is “our” road! Thanks for the comment though!! Ride safe!

·
Registered
2017 R1M
656 Posts
You must not be very old, cause riding like that you won’t be unfortunately .
Take it to the track and Live longer bro.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You must not be very old, cause riding like that you won’t be unfortunately .
Take it to the track and Live longer bro.
31. Medically retired from the army. Deployed many times, faced death more than most. I’m in control the whole time. But i made this video for people to react..and it’s great.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Thanks for posting the video. Looks like a great road.

Not sure what to say about your riding. It's usually a good idea to stay on your side of the road, especially when there are double yellows. Saying you're in total control only makes it worse.

Take care. Please.

·
Premium Member
12,016 Posts
31. Medically retired from the army. Deployed many times, faced death more than most. I’m in control the whole time. But i made this video for people to react..and it’s great.
Many many retired and active duty on this forum to include myself. I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of the active members here are over the age of 31. I know Ian and I are. “Snuck another one in there @Redgecko

Personally, I’ll probably never get medboarded. My nuts are too big for that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts