Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,261 Posts
Saying you're in total control only makes it worse.
this is how i see it as well.. its a very false sense of security, as in it doesnt exist!

i try to stay on the correct side of double yellows 'cause i know its not me i'm worried about..

how many of those times op hopped the yellows only to find there was a truck coming straight for yah right around the bend!? :corn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Need to stay in your lane if you wanna live long. Looks like a cool road tt ride on. I have a regular R-1 (2016) so similar bike. Need to figure out your microphone situation, the loudness overwhelmed the mic constantly resulting in hideous sound. Stay safe and work on getting better sound recording.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Many many retired and active duty on this forum to include myself. I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of the active members here are over the age of 31. I know Ian and I are. “Snuck another one in there @Redgecko

Personally, I’ll probably never get medboarded. My nuts are too big for that.
31 x 2 over year :surprise:. And please stay within the double yellow no matter how well you know the roads, I'd hate to read a thread that informs us you got hurt or worse.

·
Registered
37 Posts
31 x 2 over here :surprise:. And please stay within the double yellow no matter how well you know the roads, I'd hate to read a thread that informs us you got hurt or worse.
I can't edit my post after submitting (meet to write here not year in my previous post). Is that because I have a basic member ship. I have a lifetime membership but my password no longer works so I started a basic membership so I can at least post.

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,698 Posts
I'm just coming up to 31 :fingr:

For the second time...:grin2:

Many many retired and active duty on this forum to include myself. I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of the active members here are over the age of 31. I know Ian and I are. “Snuck another one in there @Redgecko

Personally, I’ll probably never get medboarded. My nuts are too big for that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn. I didn’t realize you were that old. Maybe that’s why you barely ride those machines you call art.
LOL, I have a feeling he rides the artwork more than you think.

I've been riding mine every day for the past 4 months. It's my only means of transportation right now and it's been cold as sh!t!!! NOT FUN.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Late to seeing the video but I could care less about the speed as I’m a mountain/canyon carver myself. Running the wrong side of the road and missing apexes on the regular however, will not end well.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,261 Posts
Running the wrong side of the road and missing apexes on the regular however, will not end well.
that was my take as well, to be honest i'm aware of this particular road. Please dont tell me op is missing apex after apex on purpose, having fun and all that.. :bs

·
Registered
368 Posts
Been seeing comments on this post but, for some reason, thought people were just being hypercritical. No way it could be that bad... Then i watched the video...

That's the most dangerous riding I've ever seen outside of crash compilation videos on YouTube. Just stop doing this. Its not safe AT ALL.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,261 Posts
Been seeing comments on this post but, for some reason, thought people were just being hypercritical. No way it could be that bad... Then i watched the video...
:hammer:

yeh we're all just assholes.. not!! :no

·
628 Posts
would love to earn some new subscribers. I know it's a little dangerous what we did, but at least we were away from civilization. plus we really know these roads well, and it's the only place we like to "street ride"...if you enjoyed, let me know! love you all my moto fam! ride safe!
u were right, thanks:wink2:

·
Flying with the Raven.
116 Posts
I'll second that the angeles crest highway is dope. I am from further north but have a buddy in Santa Clarita. I head down there now and then and we ride some of those roads. Very fun

·
628 Posts
go to 10:15 and see if naked bike keep up with car (and obey double yellow line rule); and you comment

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah man! I’ve been to mulholland in a car, it sucks compared to 7...tahoe is dope if you ever get a chance, not much highspeed shit, but the views are nice. Me and my buddy planed to go ride in socal, but fires, so we ended up in tahoe instead. I’ll google 504. Anywhere in particular?
South Lake Tahoe to Markleeville !

21 - 35 of 35 Posts