Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
NOVICE
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this unique strap this guy had at the track. he was trying to tell me about it as i was packing up so I didnt really get a chance to take a good look at it. I believe it was a canyon dancer that goes over the handlebars but im not sure. What is the best strap that you guys have seen or used?

by the way....the canyon dancer that is on ebay is mine so dont bid on it:)

·
Rip Gawarrior
1,471 Posts
canyon dancers are the only way I go.

·
Super Moderator
45,418 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
I've been using one for years. It's just a strap with a soft felt material in the middle with straps going down each side to hook your tie downs to. Just be careful placing it over the triple tree so you don't put any stress on parts like steering dampers.

·
-.-- .- -- .- .... .-
3,305 Posts
actually, they are not. The newer stands from Baxley, Pit Bull and a few others are much better as they don't rely on compressing the forks. The canyon dancers will tear up your grips pretty easily. However, this mod will help:
I bolt the Baxley chock in the bed of my truck. There's NO way, I would rely on just that to hold my bike. The Baxley is really nice to hold the bike, until you tie it down with the canyon dancer/tie downs. :thumbup

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Was I the one you saw? Both Dan and I were using them when you were at BHF. Great device.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
I bolt the Baxley chock in the bed of my truck. There's NO way, I would rely on just that to hold my bike. The Baxley is really nice to hold the bike, until you tie it down with the canyon dancer/tie downs. :thumbup
I bolted mine Baxley to my trailer and I lock the front with that and a hard rubber bungie cord to keep the tire from shifting in the Baxley and the pit bull axle strap for the back. It doesn't move at all once it's locked in.

·
4um ModR8r
10,426 Posts
I use canyon dancers and love them. Also use McCoys bar to tie down the rear axle. Keeps the bike as stable as you'd ever want it.

Jim
+1,,, that's the same set up I use. One caveat, don't use the Canyon Dancers on a bike with regular handlebars. I've seen more that one set of handlebars broken from them being cinched down too hard.

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
I bolted mine Baxley to my trailer and I lock the front with that and a hard rubber bungie cord to keep the tire from shifting in the Baxley and the pit bull axle strap for the back. It doesn't move at all once it's locked in.

If I had a truck or trailer, I would do this as well. Don't see how it would possibly fall over.

·
NOVICE
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sabian and light bringer, no i didnt see u guys with canyon dancers. and yes i did see myself on the dvd going about 30 mph behind 12 other novice riders...:chair:

·
Trackday Junkie
36 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.