Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Aru Wanu
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just picked up a 2001 R1. I'm looking for carbon fiber parts for it, but I'm having a hard time locating many. Looking mainly for front/rear fenders, chain guard, and maybe the lower fairing if I can find it. Anyone got any links? I've searched ebay and a couple different sites mentioned on the forums here, and I'm finding stuff mostly for 2004+ models.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Aru Wanu
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fender link, I actually found that same one right after I posted. The fenders seem to be the easy parts to find. The other smaller pieces I'm finding pretty difficult to find though :(

I've actually found quite a few parts for it here in Japan, but I'm not paying 30,000 yen ($280) for a fender when I could get one online for ~$100.

·
Have keys, Will Travel
285 Posts
...Ok, Sorry. I just Ronin is the only other one I know with an 01 R1. Welcome to the forum and look forward to meeting you

·
Have keys, Will Travel
285 Posts
I live outside of Futema, but as oki is so small, the area doesn't matter so much huh? lol... how long have you had the bike?

·
Aru Wanu
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not long, about a week now. Haven't ridden it any more than around my neighborhood and down the Sunabe Seawall. I can't really ride it until I take the safety course next week. I've been riding about 10 years now though, so not new, just haven't ridden in about 18 months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.