Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· AMA Life Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions please from those who have bought parts. I'd like to replace some body panels on my 06 50th with C.F. bits.

Who makes the best looking carbon firber pieces?

Who makes the C.F. bits for Yamaha?

· Adrenaline Adicted
255 Posts
I had looked at some my self and GYTR has the originals but are very pricey for each part ranging around $200 and up but Ive also googled and found a few individual companys that make the parts themself for about $800 for an asortment of parts wich might be cost efective if your gonna go bezerk with carbon fiber as for myself I will do the front and rear hugger and exhaust cover only good luck and ride safe like dont do over 180 mph just kidding I think.

· Administrator
27,552 Posts

· Save the Wrld from bad design
469 Posts
-

How about replacing everything.. i have a full OPP set including the endurance tank and two sets of front mud guards.. The kit wants to be yours for the new year...

Opinions please from those who have bought parts. I'd like to replace some body panels on my 06 50th with C.F. bits.

Who makes the best looking carbon firber pieces?

Who makes the C.F. bits for Yamaha?

· performance first
2,937 Posts
I will add 2 to the list..

A-tech and Over Racing Both from Japan. Incredible stuff.:epimp:epimp:dollar

· Banned
2,526 Posts
http://www.carbonspec.co.uk/ and http://www.blackstonetek.com are two of the extremely few companies making autoclave cured prepreg carbon parts. This is the strongest, lightest method of construction.

Most carbon bits are laid up like wet fiberglass and offer cosmetic advantages over fiberglass, but not much else.

this whole thing is total crap and a farse. i have a prepeg poly resin autoclaved akro exhaust heat guard here with a skin layer so thin it chipped off with my fingernail:scared

prepeg is crazy money and is only inpregnanted fiber for convience nothing more. it has to be kept cold and has a shelf life and most of them use polyester resin(crap). the autoclave cooks them nice but most of the high end prepeg stuff has airbubbles anyway so why bother spending twice the price for airbubbles and polyester resin with NO UV inhibitors so your parts yellow in 12 months

i have see one or two parts in my life and and even the termi and akro stuff are crap, i know and i can post pictures of their thin as paper parts.

the japanese stuff seems real nice and i would go for them over the likes of any euro stuff or the UK, evlolution composites is crap, gray fiber with holes LOL

MR and a-tech are nice

· Banned
2,526 Posts
just dug this pic up. here is a $1000 gas tank made from cheap ploy resin and the seems leak and the fiber is gray and has thousands of tiny pin holes and then a part not made from pre peg or poly or a autoclave for the comparison

Attachments

· Save the Wrld from bad design
469 Posts
Um,

MrGrn, how am I going to sell this OPP shit if your calling it shit.. Oh yeah, I have over 50 threads saying the same. LOLOL

just dug this pic up. here is a $1000 gas tank made from cheap ploy resin and the seems leak and the fiber is gray and has thousands of tiny pin holes and then a part not made from pre peg or poly or a autoclave for the comparison

· Cheating death in the "D"
21,182 Posts
Dynomite twill CF-

Dynomite CF front fender
Dynomite CF V-Panel
Dynomite CF front sprocket cover

I also have the Dynomite CF infill panels near the uppers, and the Dynomite CF license plate bracket :bow

the CF tanksides are Magical Racings older generation original weave.

Attachments

· Registered
721 Posts
this whole thing is total crap and a farse. i have a prepeg poly resin autoclaved akro exhaust heat guard here with a skin layer so thin it chipped off with my fingernail
I beg to differ. 1st, Epoxy is the only resin to use for structural carbon fiber, not poly or vinyl! 2nd, prepreg is made use use the optimum amount of resin and not even a tiny bit more, resulting in the lightest, strongest parts.

Ever see a F1 chassis with anything else, I thought not. My experiences with several BST wheels are all flawless. You just haven't seen any quality EPOXY, autoclave cured prepreg.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.