Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
If We're Even, I'm Leavin'
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's,
I remember seeing some carbo fibre look mirror covers. I tried a search but couldn't find it. Does anyone else remember seeing those? It could just be me but ant help would be great.

thanx

·
If We're Even, I'm Leavin'
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.........Bump...Bump it up!

·
Perfectly Normal...
93 Posts
Go to eBay, under Asian parts and accessories, and there are a ton of carbon look mirrors for R1's!

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
JestR-1 said:
Hey guy's,
I remember seeing some carbo fibre look mirror covers. I tried a search but couldn't find it. Does anyone else remember seeing those? It could just be me but ant help would be great.

thanx
Based on my personal experiance (with my old bike), don't do it, you will not be happy with them for the following reasons (and I'm basing this on CF covers as well)-

1. Carbon Look - Looks exactly that, an imitation.
2. Covers seldom fit without noticable gaps.
3. The more you look at them, the more you wish you had just saved up the money to get real quality CF mirrors.

Quality CF mirrors are admittedly expensive, but in all honesty, you really do get what you pay for :yesnod

Another bit of info- don't waste your money on LP CF mirrors, the mounting hardware is sh*t, they vibrate worse than OEM, they do not stay in adjustment, and the cheesy alloy bolts snap easily :rant

Quality mirrors should also come with quality lenses, check out Magical Racing CF mirrors for reference (pic below) :thumbup

Magical Racing mirrors come standard with GSG (Globally Select Grade) Blue lenses, same as on Audi & BMW, manufactured by the same company, these lenses have a wider field of view, and better low light characteristics :thumbup

Attachments

·