Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
That looks great mate! Much better than plain old black. I've been looking at the variaous speedo faces that are available, but they're mostly too lairey for my liking.

I google'd 'Letraset', but I'm still lost, are those numbers decals?

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Yeah, you can get them at newsagencies and art shops, sometimes...I don't know if they're still being produced. I've got a bunch of old sheets going back years. I've done that to most of my tachos. :thumbup

·
22 is too many...
13,185 Posts
Yeah, you can get them at newsagencies and art shops, sometimes...I don't know if they're still being produced. I've got a bunch of old sheets going back years. I've done that to most of my tachos. :thumbup
All this talk about tacos is making me hungary.....err wait a minute....:lol

Nice work Ben...by the by thanks for the bolt info, i just hung a few in the Ti race type the other day.:)

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
All this talk about tacos is making me hungary.....err wait a minute....:lol

Nice work Ben...by the by thanks for the bolt info, i just hung a few in the Ti race type the other day.:)

:lol

Noice. My pleasure Dave. :)

·
strength and honor
4,690 Posts
that is the old 01 front end I bet..... :fact If I posted pics of my garage I have a couple complete front ends as well.... I have put a 06 front on my 99 and an 08 front on my 02...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
that is the old 01 front end I bet..... :fact If I posted pics of my garage I have a couple complete front ends as well.... I have put a 06 front on my 99 and an 08 front on my 02...
I know what it is, I just think it's funny that if you zoom in on the pic, the forks look like they are highlighted with a circle, almost like Ben wanted us to see them. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
strength and honor
4,690 Posts
lol... I thought you highlighted it... :hammer:

its the ghost of the original setup....LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
@CARBONAR1 I saw one one of your pics that your steering damper is not on top of the triple clamp plate. I have an 01 and mine is on top. How do you manage to put yours under the triple clamp plate?

·
2000 YZF R1
5 Posts
I thought that's what you meant. There are so many things i love about the 01 but i really want a newer R1 as the modifications are very limited on the 01 now that its an "older" bike. Things like ohlins suspension and decent exhaust systems are like hens teeth(super rare)
Exactly why I can't get rid of my 2000.
I would like a later model R1 myself though. As well as keeping my 2000.

·
1999 "The One"
66 Posts
Exactly why I can't get rid of my 2000.
I would like a later model R1 myself though. As well as keeping my 2000.
Totally agree, 1998-2001 years are a keeper - still love my RN01 a lot even having a HP4 beside. I love riding them both 1:1 so one bike gives me the power and with the electronics a safe ride which then I can use to be comfy on the carb bike too :nerd:

Honestly wouldn't put a R1M beside my RN01, the HP4 gives me way more but that's another topic for endless discussions I guess :wink2:

181 - 198 of 198 Posts
About this Discussion
197 Replies
43 Participants
AndyR71
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing