Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
:hammer: I'll come clean...the rotors on the 06 aren't really carbon....it's just 3M DiNoc stuck to some Chinese Ebay rotors! :crash

·
Registered
14 Posts
How Much was the spring? They have them for $849 new at hardracing.

I was lucky, the spring in mine is spot on for me :) actually thats my second, second hand ohlins that I've been lucky with the spring :flex:

http://www.hardracing.com/Ohlins.htm
As far as I can tell, thats for an 04-06 model. The 98-01 shocks have been discontinued.

$849 is nearly half price! If I had an 04-06 model I'd so be buying a brand new Ohlins shock.

Carbonar1, even at $400 "full retail" it sounds like given the improvement in your shock, it would still have been money well spent?

·
strength and honor
4,690 Posts
:hammer: I'll come clean...the rotors on the 06 aren't really carbon....it's just 3M DiNoc stuck to some Chinese Ebay rotors! :crash
:lol
As far as I can tell, thats for an 04-06 model. The 98-01 shocks have been discontinued.

$849 is nearly half price! If I had an 04-06 model I'd so be buying a brand new Ohlins shock.

Carbonar1, even at $400 "full retail" it sounds like given the improvement in your shock, it would still have been money well spent?
well the buddy is a race tech technician.... he prolly used a race tech spring, around $149.....

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #144

Absolutely. I have a whole new level of interest in this bike now. It's no longer the red headed step sister to the 06. :lol

well the buddy is a race tech technician.... he prolly used a race tech spring, around $149.....
Yep, a second hand one. :thumbup

·
strength and honor
4,690 Posts
yeah I wish my suspension tech buddy was still around here.... I would have mine redone by him... guess I just need to do mine myself... blah....

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,395 Posts
You duty dog :lol

Absolutely. I have a whole new level of interest in this bike now. It's no longer the red headed step sister to the 06
Coco is not going to like that:no

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
A couple of things to encourage the wifey to ride the old girl...

Some Stomp Grips, and some R&G protection.

Now get out there and ride woman....:riding

·
strength and honor
4,690 Posts
now we just wanna see pics of her riding it!

·
yield
17,851 Posts
Be careful there could be a closet and a gimp suit in your future:crash

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Bring out the gimp!"
"But the gimps sleeping"
"Well you just gonna have to wake him up now... wont you?"

Yeah, my missus (and newborn baby boy) might have a bit of a problem with all of that too.

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
:hammer: :shake

·
Knee, ankle, arse, off
128 Posts

This is my first experience with Race Tech upgrades and knowledge, and I'm very bloody impressed. And that's comparing it to my 06.

I put RaceTech valves in my original 99 forks and man what a transformation! That's why I went for their 25mm cartridges in the new forks (I also wanted to do something different than Ohlins on the front - just for the hell of it). So with 25mm RaceTech's on the front and the Ohlins on the back I can feel every grain of grit in the road from both ends - at first it was almost too much feedback.

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Awesome :thumbup I got a similar feel from the rear, tons of information and grip. I'll do the forks later this year when I've got the $, for the moment I'll have to make do with an oil change.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
That is the single biggest pet hate of mine on mosickles... People putting stickers on their bike of parts that aren't on it...

Put a bloody RaceTech sticker on it ya fool :2bitchsla

I've got some here if you need one Ben :fact

And don't go giving me any of that "It's an Ohlins spring" crap either.

Consider yourself spanked.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
That is the single biggest pet hate of mine on mosickles... People putting stickers on their bike of parts that aren't on it...

:eek:wwn3d

·
Banned
5,515 Posts

But it is an Ohlins spring. :confused:

141 - 160 of 198 Posts
About this Discussion
197 Replies
43 Participants
AndyR71
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing