·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
:shake :lol

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
Hey Mark, I've got a BST sticker but no wheels. Mate, you need to correct that shambles by sending me a set of wheels.

:vanish

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
:hammer:.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If its got an Ohlins spring on it, then it is more Ohlins than the 'real' Ohlins found on the XJR1300SP.

My suspension guy reckons that even tho they have Ohlins written all over them, and they look like Ohlins, they dont contain Ohlins valving. Apparently they're the ugly child born of the Yamaha-Ohlins marriage when Yamaha owned an influencial share in the Swedish company, AND, part of the reason why Yamaha no longer own a share of Ohlins - it's been suggested that Yamaha was, in a way, cheapening the brand.

Ohlins certainly dont seem to be suffering from the separation.

Anyhoo, I reckon with a RaceTech sticker it will look both trick AND authentic! Nice.

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
It's a Racetech spring...:blush The only genuine Ohlins part on the shock, is the sticker....:lol

·
yield
17,851 Posts
If its got an Ohlins spring on it, then it is more Ohlins than the 'real' Ohlins found on the XJR1300SP.

My suspension guy reckons that even tho they have Ohlins written all over them, and they look like Ohlins, they dont contain Ohlins valving. Apparently they're the ugly child born of the Yamaha-Ohlins marriage when Yamaha owned an influencial share in the Swedish company, AND, part of the reason why Yamaha no longer own a share of Ohlins - it's been suggested that Yamaha was, in a way, cheapening the brand.

Ohlins certainly dont seem to be suffering from the separation.

Anyhoo, I reckon with a RaceTech sticker it will look both trick AND authentic! Nice.
Ohlins was only a part owner and a minority at that. Ohlins bought back 95% of their un owned interest and Yamaha only owns 5% of Ohlins if that. Who suggested Yamaha cheapened Ohlins, have a link?

After Lawson won the 500cc champ Ohlins was struggling to grow Yamaha came in as an angel investor and help the company grow to where it is now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Who suggested Yamaha cheapened Ohlins, have a link?
My suspension guy told me that. From his mouth. No link. Sorry.

I think his view is based on the fact that Yamaha were throwing the the Ohlins name on inferior products... like cheapo XJR shocks... because they could. And maybe he read something about it somewhere too? I dont know.

Plenty of good research came out of the business relationship. Remember the 2WD R1?

Edit - sorry Carbonar1, this is borderline hijacking... back to the point now...

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Thanks a lot Marko. :thumbup

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
I prefer white tacho's to black....

So I pulled my instruments apart....

Painted the needle red....

Covered the dial with white vinyl and did the numbers and lines with Letraset, and put it all back together.

Much more betterer. :thumbup

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Thanks Rod. :bow

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
:hammer: I'll come clean...the rotors on the 06 aren't really carbon....it's just 3M DiNoc stuck to some Chinese Ebay rotors! :crash
yah cheap bastid!! :hammer:

161 - 180 of 198 Posts
About this Discussion
197 Replies
43 Participants
AndyR71
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing