Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m riding Carolina Motorsports Park next weekend (open track Friday!!!) and I’ve never been. Anyone here have some tips or things to look out for? Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The track was resurfaced recently, so it’s less bumpy now, though not perfect. It’s a very fun track.
There’s a dip in turn 1 that you won’t see coming literally right at the apex. It wasn’t fixed when they re-did it

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The track was resurfaced recently, so it’s less bumpy now, though not perfect. It’s a very fun track.
There’s a dip in turn 1 that you won’t see coming literally right at the apex. It wasn’t fixed when they re-did it
Good info-thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ah..Carolina Motorsport Park-Kershaw SC..I remember that track. I lived just up the road in Charlotte NC and didn't even know it was there when I first started doing track schools/track days, mainly on the more popular tracks (Road Atlanta, VIR, Daytona etc.) When I found out about it, I knew I wanted to run it but just never got around to doing so, which I regret. I guess it being so close I just took it for granted and kept saying maybe someday-then I moved back to Florida (Ugh!!) I currently live close to some of the best beaches in the US but rarely go to be honest, just because I can any day so it's no big deal-same thing I guess.
Anyway, with the Charlotte, NC metro areas's continued growth and sprawl southward and into SC, I thought maybe that area would be housing developments by now so it's great to hear it's still there and since it was apparently repaved that's maybe a good sign for it's future?
I went down there several times to watch local races and/or track days..it was so laid back..you could just drive in, park anywhere under a tree in the fields and watch right from the track side. Then they started manning the gate and charging $20 bucks just to get in! Still I wish I would have run that track and glad to hear it's still there.
I agree that guy in the video was hauling ass!...let us know how it was, including lap times (if you dare-I know I wouldn't 😅)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear ya about missed opportunities…been riding street bikes my whole life and didn’t get on a track’til I was 52!
I am expecting my replacement lap timer to arrive this week, so I should finally be able to time my laps. I don’t mind posting times, so as long as it works I’ll do it and endure the embarrassment!

·
Venom X/O
25,561 Posts
I hear ya about missed opportunities…been riding street bikes my whole life and didn’t get on a track’til I was 52!
I am expecting my replacement lap timer to arrive this week, so I should finally be able to time my laps. I don’t mind posting times, so as long as it works I’ll do it and endure the embarrassment!
Don’t sweat it, they’ll be faster than half the clowns on here like @2muchbluE and @DarkHorse

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey you're out there giving it large..and that's all that matters..so no embarrassment at all! I was really just kidding and merely commenting on my own snail like pace🐌

·
Registered
12 Posts
...., just because I can any day so it's no big deal-same thing I guess....
I know what you mean, man. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico and now that I’ve lived in the US for about half my life, I’ve been to the beaches in Puerto Rico more often than I did when I lived there.

Coming from the keenan sofoglu of intermediate group
🤣

1 - 14 of 14 Posts